Chapter 40: Henituse Walls

Recap

"This guy is the descendant of the family that built the Magic Tower. He will certainly be helpful with reinforcing our walls."

Cale could see Deruth flinch. Castle reinforcement, Magic Tower, Cale knew Deruth had understood.

Deruth could see some traits that Basen had picked up from his brother, the seriousness in his gaze and the fact that he planned so much in advance for the worst. The no nonsense and the calmness. The calmness which Deruth is unable to have, even when he sees his oldest child covered in the blood of his enemies.

"Let's give it a try."

Count Deruth agreed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if Deruth agreed to try, he was still worried, it was obvious in his eyes.

"Father, what are you afraid of?"

Deruth could not answer the sudden question. However, his son responded after a moment.

"I am afraid that we will get hurt."

Deruth's eyes became cloudy. It was the same. The thing he feared was the same as his son. No matter how selfish it may be, Deruth was scared that his territory and his family would get hurt.

"I'm sure that you are aware of how the Western Continent's state of affairs is ready to blow up."

There was no way that the noble who suddenly started to reinforce the castle walls and invested in a naval base would not know.

Cale deliberated what he should reveal to Deruth, as he needs him to do it. But he doesn't want him to question his choices, nor know about the fact of his knowledge of the future.

Cale said one word to Deruth.

"Northerners."

Deruth and Mueller both flinched and looked towards Cale.

"The Northerners have created an alliance."

"What?!"

Count Deruth started to frown.

Cale understood Deruth's reaction. This was important to the Western Continent's state of affairs.

There were 3 kingdoms in the North.

The Paerun Kingdom was located farthest North. The Guardian knight of Paerun kingdom wanted to lead his knights brigade to the fertile lands of the South.

Deruth rubbed his face and sighed as he started to mumble.

"...It is not the Whipper kingdom or the Mogoru Empire?"

Cale was internally full of admiration. Although their territory was located in the corner, Deruth was aware of the Whipper Kingdom, as well as the Mogoru Empire's desire to become the control tower.

"Cale, how are the Northerners going to cross the gorge? There is also the Forest of Darkness."

Of the 5 Forbidden Regions, there was just one that was not a complete mystery. However, the shape of that area made moving large numbers of people, 'almost impossible', making people add it to the list of the Forbidden regions.

The Gorge of Death.

As the name indicates, this gorge, that was the most dangerous in the continent, became the dividing line between the North and the Central regions of the continent. As the end of that line was the Forest of Darkness. That was why it was difficult for the North to come down to the Central region.