Chapter 46: Alberu Crossman

"Bored?"

Cale, who has been napping in the carriage leaning on one side. While the children have been looking out of the window as Choi Han was riding side by side with the carriage.

"No. Not bored!"

"I enjoy rolling around doing nothing the most."

Choi Han laughed and responded back.

"You guys really are similar to Cale-nim."

As much as the hero liked children, these kids are still wary of him. As they didn't have the best first impression of this softy hero.

"Of course. He is the best dad."

Hong declared. As his sister just smirked while she reads a book, while Raon was fiddling with a magic device, that they took from the Magic Tower.

As much as Choi Han want to recruit these strong creatures into his fight against Arm, he knows they won't leave this rumored trashy young master's side. But this young master absolutely refused to join him.

'Our group would be stronger if we had his powers. I should ask Alberu to make him join us.'

Then Choi Han started telling stories to the children to ease their boredom, as he sneaks into the carriage. Cale has yet to even react to the additional person inside, but that was just how tired he was. He talked about the trip to Breck Kingdom and how he, Lock and Rosalyn destroyed a noble's home.

This continued until they reached the capital, before Cale's people separated from the heroes as they went to meet up with their support in the capital.

"So, how was the trip?"

Alberu asked as Choi Han entered his office.

"Well, Cale nim, certainly does not like me. He keeps me at an arm spacing."

Choi Han admitted with a sulk.

"How can there be anyone who hate the hero of the Plaza Bombing?"

Alberu complimented with admiration.

"... that is because it was him to plan the counter attack. I didn't do anything then."

"that is what you keep saying. But my memories weren't tampered by magic, therefore, that is impossible."

'It is. Cale nim does not use magic. He uses Runes.'

"Well, let's hope he responds to my letter, instead of Robbit."

The next morning, Cale was dressed in a simple yet stylish outfit, as he was lead to the crown prince's office. As the door to the office opened, there waited the Crown Prince with a bright smile.

"It has been a long time, Young Master Henituse."

Alberu greeted.

"Greetings to the dazzling sun of the kingdom. How can I help you?"

Cale responded back as the servant who guided Cale to the office closed the door to allow them some privacy.

As they went to the couches, Cale's smile dropped as he bluntly asked the prince.

"Haven't my message been clear? Is there something you need, your highness? I have no patience with your twisted glib tongue, just say it straight to my face. I need help, I want you to do something."

"Then --"

"My answer will still be no."

Cale rejected before Alberu could even say anything.