22B - Reach out for the Truth!!

Start from the beginning

Issei: RIAS!!! WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

As Issei destroys the last delusion, the crystal flies out of Rias, turning her back to normal.

Issei: *gasps*

Rias: Issei...? It's you! Thank you. My darling. You saved my life.

Issei: Rias! You're you again, right? I was so worried!

Suddenly, Croire appears holding the crystal that was corrupting Rias.

Croire: Huh. Y/n put a lot of delusions in this thing to make sure Rias stayed with him forever. You must be pretty tough to have defeated all of the delusions in there.

Issei: You...!

Rias: Issei, what's going on?

Issei: I'll explain later. But why'd you come here?!

Croire: Figured I'd come and ask what you plan to do, now that you've freed Rias from Y/n.

Issei: I'll kill him for all the shit he's made Rias go through!

Croire: Well, that is an answer. But the core of Heart Dimension basically is the CPU's Life Force, so Y/n can keep coming back, even if you kill him off.

Rias: Then I guess we'll just have to destroy the crystal, then!!

Croire: Smart move, since it would end Y/n for good. But if you do that, Zero Dimension is gonna disappear along with Heart Dimension. And since Heart Dimension is basically a CPU's Life Force, Uzume will die as well. Poof. Will you feel alright doing that to her?

Issei: What...? That can't be...

Croire: I guess I can fill you in like I did Uzume not to long ago. This world is where the CPUs are born. If that crystal disappears, it's pretty obvious that this place will go, too. Man, what a heavy situation you're in, right? If you leave Y/n alone, and let him live, your world's screwed. If you save your world, Uzume and Heart Dimension's gone, meaning you'll never see Uzume again... Earth is standing at a fork in the road of history right now. What choice are the leaders of the supernatural world gonna make?

Rias and Issei: ...

Croire: I know it's hard to make the decision, but you better find the answer soon. If you do nothing, the fusion of the two dimensions will just happen.

Rias: Why does the world have to suffer because of Uzume?!

Croire: Well, it's not because of Uzume. The world's suffering right now because of YOU, Rias. You were the catalyst for everything that's happened so far. Y/n's current state, Uzume's birth, and all the sudden attacks on your Peerage. Your actions on that one, single, fateful moment in time has finally come back to haunt you in the end.

Rias: What do you mean?

Croire: Oh right. When Y/n resurfaced his memories, you were still in the capsule, so you didn't get the memories back. If you remember the stray devil Eliade, then you should know that you sent Y/n there when he was your rook to die.

Rias: What?!

Croire: In fact, I did somehow find some places where Y/n lived while trapped in the little Rias's book. But even when I gave them to Uzume, she wouldn't tell you or the others. Y/n was hurt by the one person he thought he could trust with his life, and you betrayed him, just like everyone else. It's not that weird if that hatred for the world ends up stickin' to him as a curse, right?

As Rias and Issei ponder about that question, Croire takes the opportunity to send both of them back to Earth.

Croire: There. That's one problem taken care of.