20 - The Fallen World

No one's POV

We see the members of the ORC, shocked about how Issei said that he wants to see Vali. While the others are shocked, Issei stands determined.

Sirzechs: *sigh*

Rossweisse: I understand how you feel Issei, but that's impossible.

Issei: Why, cause he's in the Khaos Brigade? You don't think I already know that? But, if it'll work, then what are we waiting for?

Uzume: You know, Isseisy makes a point. We all need to take risks at some point, and right now. this is a risk we need to take. Give me one good reason why we can't!!!

Sirzechs: Because our very way of life is under constant siege by those terrorists in the Khaos Brigade. An just yesterday, the girl known as Aya Asagiri attacked us in the underworld.

Issei: *gasps*

Sirzechs: The casualties from her most recent assault are still being tallied. Families and friends from every corner of the realm are left grieving for the departed tonight. We can't associate ourselves with the Khaos Brigade.

Uzume: And why's that?!

Sirzechs: Think about it, Uzume. Collusion with the Khaos Brigade to save the devil king's sister? The people would stand against me.

Ajuka: If the people heard about our collaboration with Vali Lucifer, in no time at all, anyone associated with Asagiri would find a way to spin the civil unrest to their advantage. This decision could affect the stability of the underworld.

Issei: I don't mean to sound disrespectful, sir. But, you know your duty. Please let me do mine. I'll do whatever it takes to rescue Rias. Or, at least die trying.

Sirzechs: Did you not hear me?

Issei: I respect your position on the issue because of the potential for revolution and that stuff, but Rias needs me. That's enough.

Azazel: Hold on, Issei. Just think. Are you ready to give up being a devil?

Irina: Give up being a devil?

Akeno; What exactly are you telling us?

Azazel: Try to keep up. The Devil King can say you kids went rogue, and remain blameless. If you kids go rogue and attempt to rescue Rias, it's no longer Sirzech's problem.

Sirzechs: It's not that simple.

Azazel: Should things go bust, you can still cover your ass. Say they acted independently. And if that's not good enough, I can take care of the kids.

Uzume: How exactly?

Azazel: If worse comes to worst, I can see to it that they're all made fallen angels.

Sirzechs: *gasps*

Issei: What?

Azazel: Then, you can just scapegoat any backlash on me, the acting Governor-General.

Rossweisse: A false-flag operation could quell any potential discontent. A drastic gamble.

Xenovia: This may sound odd coming from an agent of the Holy Church who was turned into a devil. Is something like that even possible?

Irina: You're a fallen angel because you were a regular angel who fell from grace. But a devil? I don't know where to start with that.

Gasper: I hate long division.

Azazel: Okay, we're veering off topic. The point is, we're just talking worst case scenario here. Which won't be an issue if you kids bring Rias back safe and sound.