"I stood up for you... looks like it didn't go so well..." Sam explained softly which Y/n nodded her head at as she scoffed,

"He just doesn't get it, not your fault." Y/n dismissed. It was silent for a few minutes, awkwardness filling the air.

"Are you—?"

"I don't—" Y/n paused before she continued on as she didn't know if it was too aggressive or mean to say what she was going too, "I don't want to... talk about it." 

"It might help, though." Sam expressed,

"It won't. I tried it before. She doesn't listen." Y/n sighed out, "Mothers... am I right?" She asked as she turned her head to Sam who nodded her head.

"Yeah... mothers..." She said as she shook her head while fiddling with her fingers out of nervousness. Y/n wrapped her hand around Sam's, them holding hands until Mr Maddox came out which made them stop, they looked up at him and watched him shut the door as he stared at the two. He moved in front of them and kneeled down, his knees not touching the floor.

"Listen..." He sighed out, "I get that you two have personal issues outside of school, but I can't have you be rude and late in my class." Mr Maddox explained,

"You say you get it, but you don't. And you won't because you were born into a rich family." Y/n explained, "I'm not, she was born into a middle class household, that doesn't mean she's not going through anything. So, don't sit there... trying to relate to us. We've probably heard the excuse before." 

"Have I done anything to offend you—?"

"Yes, you have actually. You don't teach us proper things, sir. Not stuff that'll help us in the real world and your school is pretty shit. I mean come on, the staff is out-right rude, I mean look at the sex education, all it teaches us is how to prevent pregnancies when it can be something more than just getting pregnant. It can be beautiful. Something that can bring two people together. Then when you talk about sex, every teacher is almost disgusted and force it all as well a rush not giving students any time to actually process any of the information. So, come back to us when you've decided that you want a better system for Sunnyvale." Y/n expressed with no remorse nor emotion. Mr Maddox's eyebrows narrowed as his eyebrows furrowed, he nodded his head.

"I suggest you go to the library, you two. I'll send you the work there—"

"Perfect." Y/n groaned out as she quickly got up and walked at a fast pace that she called her normal speed toward the library, Sam got up and had her bag with her; she rushed after Y/n and managed to catch up.

"Why are we walking so fast—?"

"You can do the work, I'm not. I've got actual and important things to do." Y/n bitterly said as she continued to walk even faster as Sam stopped walking entirely. She simply walked at her own pace and sat next to Y/n when they arrived at the library, they sat next to each other and Y/n quickly went onto a website and filled a form out.

"Are you signing up for a third job?" Sam asked confused as she glanced at her screen then at her,

"I got fired from working at Dean's." Y/n sighed out as she leaned back, "I'm sorry for being a dick... I'm just... stressed." Y/n continued to sigh out, Sam moved her chair closer and the two hugged as they were the only ones in the library. 

"I'm sorry, do you want me to take you out for dinner after school? We can celebrate as Dean's... is a horrible place and! You were the best one there, so, they are going to be losing money."

"I want too, I do. However, I need to take care of Emily, I don't trust my mum with her." Y/n reasoned as she bit her bottom lip,

"How about you two come over tonight? Please, I just want to spend time with you." Sam pleaded and Y/n nodded her head as she moved her chair in Sam's direction and pulled her closer which Sam appreciated. The two simply hugged and held one another, "What job are you applying for now?"