The Fox and The Wolf

Mr. Yukimura was in school early to work in his lesson plans for the upcoming week. He skimmed the textbook on his desk carefully so he could copy it onto the board when he heard the irritating sound of a fly buzzing around him. He looked down to see the fly had landed on the desk and he stared at it curiously. He grabbed a nearby book laying on the desk and dropped the book onto the fly, assuming the weight had killed it.

He waited to hear if the fly would buzz again but instead heard the sound of someone's voice interrupting his thoughts.

"Coming into school on a Saturday. That's dedication." Stiles spoke as he slithered into the classroom. He scanned his surroundings as Mr. Yukimura felt himself tense at the nogitsune's presence.

"Where's she hiding them?" The trickster asked as he shuffled through the books on the shelf next to him.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what you're talking about." The history teacher remarked, not giving into Void's game.

"Her little knives. Daggers," he said as he threw books onto the floor searching for what he was looking for, "I know what they are. Physical representations of her tails. However the hell that works." He remarked, growing frustrated that he couldn't find them.

"Maybe you'd like to do some reading on it. I can direct you to the section of Japanese myth in the library." Yukimura said calmly.

"No. No, I'd like to talk to you," the nogitsune said smoothly as he started to approach the teacher slowly, tapping his fingers against the desks ominously, "the older the tail, the stronger the Oni. Am I right? I know there's one left. I know it's the strongest."

"Unfortunately, I don't know what you're referring to." The teacher said, standing his ground as the nogitsune stood tall in front of him.

"You'll talk," Stiles lifted the book used to kill the fly from earlier off the desk and the fly flew straight down Mr. Yukimura's throat. The teacher coughed and gagged as he struggled to breath, falling to the floor as the nogitsune stared down at him, amused, "they always talk."

•••••••••••••••••••••

Kira and Scott burst through the school doors, running straight to Mr. Yukimura's classroom where Kira's mother leaned over her husband, who was still struggling to breathe properly.

Kira ran to her father and dropped to the floor, handing her mother the mysterious bottle she asked her to bring.

"Are you going to tell me what's in there?" Kira asked as she watched her mother open the bottle frantically.

"It's reishi."

"You're not seriously giving Dad magic mushrooms?" Kira asked sarcastically and her mother looked at her exasperatedly. She fed her husband the reishi mushrooms and they watched as he slowly started to cough up a black gelatinous liquid from his throat. He finally took in a deep breath after having struggled for so long. Scott couldn't help but feel guilty watching Kira's father in pain like that.

"Stiles did this?" The alpha asked wearily.

"He wanted the last kaiken." Kira's mother said, holding up a small dagger that she was referring to, "I've kept this near me ever since your friend disappeared."

"Mom, you need to talk to us, about everything." Kira demanded, growing tired of being kept in the dark about the truth of what was going on.

Scott pulled out the photograph Malia had given him and Kira's mother nearly gasped in surprise seeing the image.