Chaos Rising

At school the next day, Scott called Derek to come and check out the bruises left on Lydia and Allison, but he was convinced that it was just a waste of his time

      At school the next day, Scott called Derek to come and check out the bruises left on Lydia and Allison, but he was convinced that it was just a waste of his time. Allison was adamant that the bruises had to resemble some sort of symbol but Derek told her and Lydia that they were just seeing things. Scott was trying to get Derek to at least take it into consideration.

"They're just trying to help." Scott said.

"These two? This one," Derek pointed to Lydia first, "who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle, thank you, and this one," he pointed to Allison now, "who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack."

"Hey, hey, now," Stiles butt in trying to defuse the tension growing in the room, "cmon, nobody died, I mean there was some maiming and a little mangling but nobody died and that's what I call an important distinction."

Allison looked somewhat offended that Derek was being as harsh as he was. "My mother died." She whispered softly.

"Your family's little honor code for your mother killed, not me." Derek said with no emotion on his face.

Allison was starting to get pissed at how blatantly ignorant Derek was being.

"Look, that girl came looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you." She said aggressively.

"You wanna help?" Derek asked, testing her patience, "find something real."

He started to walk out of the school but Scott tried to stop him at the door.
"Can you give her a chance? Okay, they're trying to help. They're on our side now."

Derek gave him a look that made Scott think he wasn't going to listen. "Well, then maybe you should tell her what her mother was actually trying to do that night." He spat at Scott before leaving the building.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Feeling frustrated, now more than ever, they all went to their respective classes for the day. Scott and Stiles were trying to figure out what the alpha pack could've wanted with Boyd and Erica when they weren't alphas themselves.

"I'm not sure it's them the pack wants." Scott responded to Stiles interrogation.
"Okay so what? Like Derek? They're like recruiting?"

Stiles asked but before Scott could answer he got a scent of something unfamiliar walking past him. He looked to see what the source of the smell was and he noticed Gwen was the one that walked past him. She looked over her shoulder knowingly, their eyes meeting briefly before she continued in the opposite direction as Scott and Stiles but Scott couldn't take his eyes away until the latter had called his name loudly.

"You okay?" Stiles asked, concerned for his friend. Scott looked back to see where Gwen went but she was gone.

"Yeah I'm okay I just.. thought I smelled something weird." Scott said.