The Girl Who Knew Too Much

"Where is she?" Stiles said as he leapt out of his jeep and Scott got off his motorcycle

"Where is she?" Stiles said as he leapt out of his jeep and Scott got off his motorcycle. Lydia had called them saying there was a dead body at the school and they needed to get there quick.

"Over here!" She said across the parking lot and they ran to her.

"It's the same thing as the pool," She said as they met up, "I got in the car heading to somewhere totally different and ended up here and you told me to call you if there's a dead body."

"You found a dead body?" Stiles asked concerned.

"Not yet."

"Not yet? What do you mean not yet? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

"Oh, no. I am not doing that again. From now on, you can find the bodies."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body!"

"Guys!" Scott interrupted, staring at the Beacon High School sign, "I found the dead body."

On top of the sign lay the sheriff's deputy, pouring blood all over the sign's letters, eyes stuck open with a terrified look in them.

••••••••••••••••••••

The next day at school, Stiles, Scott, and Lydia were all sitting in English class listening to Ms. Blake go on about idioms and metaphors. Lydia had been trying her hardest to ignore the brunette that she shared the class with, though it was proving difficult with the constant stares that burned a hole through her head.

As Ms. Blake turned down a row of students, she looked over at a tree Lydia had been drawing during class, "Lydia, I didn't know you had so many hidden talents."

"You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia said straightforwardly and Jennifer's eyes widened a fraction at her comment.

"Oh, well, that was an idiom by the way," she said and continued to walk down the row towards the front, "idioms are phrases that only make sense if you know the language. Saying 'jump the gun' is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race. Or a phrase like 'seeing the whole board.'"

"Like chess." Stiles interrupted and Jennifer looked at him, satisfied.

"Exactly. Do you play?" She asked but he shook his head.

"No, but my father does." She nodded before continuing the lesson, asking about cliches in literature when Scott turned to Stiles discreetly.

"I'm pretty sure I can make Ethan talk if I can get to him."

"What do you wanna do that for?"