Illuminated

"Class starts in five minutes everyone! Just because there's no power, don't expect there to be no school!" Coach Finstock yelled loudly into his megaphone

"Class starts in five minutes everyone! Just because there's no power, don't expect there to be no school!" Coach Finstock yelled loudly into his megaphone. It wasn't exactly the most pleasant experience at 8 in the morning for all the tired students.

     "That was a triple negative, coach! Impressive." Stiles said as Coach walked by him, looking back to shrug at Stiles's comment before continuing to walk away. As he was grabbing his books out of his locker, his keys fell out and onto the floor by his shoes, and when he picked up the key ring, inspecting it closely, he noticed a new key he didn't recognize.

"Where did you come from, huh?" He questioned before hearing the front door to the school opening and looking to see Scott come in. This alpha spotted him smiling before turning to see Kira at the end of the hall. The girl, taking notice that Scott was looking at her, turned around quickly and started walking in the opposite direction. Scott went to chase after her when Stiles stepped in, stopping him.

"No, no, no, stop. Stop." He said grabbing Scott's arms to keep him from moving anywhere.

"Why? I need to talk to her."

"No, you need to remember someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her."

"Which is why I need to talk to her."

"Scott, no way. Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's going to start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction."

"What if she's like me?" Scott asked, eyes on Kira as she walked away from her locker to class.

"That girl sucked in 1.21 jigawatts of electricity through her hands. She's not like you." Stiles said as he slammed his locker closed and watched Scott walk off to his class.

Stiles took a look at the mystery key on his key ring and couldn't help but feel uneasy. Where the hell did this key come from?

•••••••••••••••••••

     Lydia was sitting in biology waiting for class to start when she heard someone sit in the seat next to her. She turned to see Aiden out of the corner of her eye and she internally groaned. She couldn't dwell on her next hour of torture before her mother came to her side of the desk and handed her and Aiden the papers they needed for the day.

"Sweetheart," she said, getting Lydia's attention, "since this is my first class and I haven't taught in five years. I just want to remind you of one thing. Try not to embarrass me." Lydia rolled her eyes at her mother's words.