More Bad Than Good

Scott was running

     Scott was running. He pushed bushes and trees out of his way as he sped toward the direction of where the coyote ran. After him and Stiles had seen a coyote while they were investigating the scene of the car wreck from 8 years ago, they had both bolted to see where it ran off to. Scott had a feeling that it was Malia who was the coyote after he'd flashed his alpha eyes to her and her eyes had flowed back at him, a beautiful cobalt blue. Him and Stiles had separated in the midst of their chasing and eventually ran into each other, screaming on impact, after running for god knows how long.

"Oh hey! I think I found something." Stiles said, out of breath from the jump scare and he started to lead him to his discovery.

They walked uphill toward a rocky cliff, a large entrance into it appearing as they hiked up. As they walked inside, Stiles shined his flashlight around the small save.

"It's a coyote den."

"Werecoyote." Scott interjected, looking around in disbelief. Stiles grabbed a small puffer jacket that was lying on the ground.

"You see this? This is Malia's. Remember? It's the same one she was wearing in the photo." Stiles said, looking around for anything else he might find.

Scott picked up the doll that was resting atop a rock and shook his head.

"We shouldn't be in here."

"What do you mean?"

"She's not gonna come back now. We just invaded her home. Our scent is gonna be everywhere."

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she gonna go?"

"I don't know.."

"Can you track her now? You think you got her scent?"

"Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."

Stiles sighed, remembering their predicament, "The door is still open."

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help."
Stiles rubbed his hands on his face, thinking of a solution.

"This is basically a crime scene, right?"

"I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."

"And more in my dad's."

Stiles had called his dead to tell him if their discovery and the sheriff brought himself and a few officers to scope out the den. Stiles and Scott watched as Noah exited the den, carrying the puffer jacket Stiles had picked up earlier, and walking toward them.

"You're sure it was her?" He asked and Scott nodded quickly.

"I looked her right in the eyes, and they glowed like mine."