Echo House

Stiles and his father were driving along the rainy highway, the car eerily quiet as the Sheriff drove, neither of them knowing what to say.

They pulled up in front of the Eichan House, Stiles getting out of the car and scanning his surroundings and the ominous building. His father patted his shoulder reassuringly before they walked in, but they heard a motorcycle pull up behind them before they entered.

Scott hopped off his bike and threw his helmet off, walking up to them in a hurry.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked Stiles but his friend didn't answer.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this." Sheriff said.

"It's only 72 hours." Stiles tried to reassure but Scott only shook his head.

"This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies," Scott stressed and turned to the sheriff, eyes pleading, "you don't know everything yet."

"I know enough. Nogitsunes, kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called." The sheriff listed and Stiles brows raised in surprise.

"Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct." He confirmed and the sheriff sighed, turning back to the alpha.

"Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And that terrifies me. I'm headed to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist."

"Then why are you putting him in here?"

"He's not," Stiles interrupted, "it was my decision."

"Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here."

"And I cant hurt you." Stiles said and Scott sighed.

"Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something. And if we can't-"

"If you can't, then you have to do something for me. You make sure I never get out." Stiles insisted and Scott felt his heart shatter at his best friend's words. The thought of not being able to save Stiles and never seeing him again crushed him.

Noah almost couldn't believe his son had said that but he knew how selfless he could be. Stiles didn't want to hurt anyone else to the point he was fully willing to have himself locked up in an insane asylum for the rest of his life.

"C'mon." His father said, gesturing his son to follow him inside. Stiles gave Scott one last fleeting look before walking inside, leaving the Alpha dumbfounded and yet more determined to save him than ever before.

••••••••••••••••••••

Gwen, Allison, and Scott all stood in the vet clinic with Deaton, who was on speaker phone with Allison's father. They were discussing Deaton's trip to find the lichen cure for the nogitsune.

"Did you have any trouble with the Ikeda?" Chris asked over the phone to Deaton.

"Only minor. The white wolf was exactly where you said it would be. But we have two problems now. First, the lichen isn't a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days."

"But while it does work, the Oni won't go after Stiles, right?" Chris asked.

"I hope," Deaton answered truthfully, "Eichan House has an unusual history. It might not be all that safe for the Oni as well."

"Okay, well, what's the second problem?" Chris asked.

"I checked with your contacts in Japan. The yakuza boss you saw killed by the Oni never found the scroll."

"What scroll?" Scott asked.

"The shugendo scroll. The Shugendo were the ascetic mystics of Japan. The scroll had information on how to exorcise the nogitsune."