storm - jj maybank

jj comforts you during a storm.

wc: 367

https://lovelyjj.tumblr.com/post/667598685832691712/storm

You tossed and turned for about the hundredth time that night. You have slept over at the chateau countless times before and normally have no problem sleeping on the pull out couch.

Tonight was different however, as a storm from hell was hurling down on outer banks. The windows were practically shaking and the loud booms of thunder frightened you, preventing even a wink of sleep.

Another loud crack of thunder sent you jumping out of bed finally sick of the torture. You quietly padded down the hall towards your place of solace.

John Bs guest room where JJ practically lived, was dark and only lit by the light from the doorway. A loud squeak was heard by cracking open the door. JJ slowly begins to stir awake.

"JJ?" you whispered. Walking over towards the bed, you began to call for him again when lightning flashed through the window making your whimper.

He slowly sat up rubbing the sleep from his eyes, "y/n?" taking in your scared state he added, "what's wrong?"

You eyes shifted from him to the bed silently asking for permission. He lifted up the covers for you to leap under.

you snuggled closer to him, "s'too loud."

JJ wrapped a arm around your shaking figure, rubbing your back, "s'ok, i got you" he mumbled kissing your temple.

He kept whispering words of praise and stroking your hair, trying to distract and calm you down. His arms would tighten around your waist when a particular loud sound from outside would occur.

Eventually he resulted to drawing circles on your hip bone. He could tell you were still a little antsy and squirmy. So, he hauled you up on top of him, hold your head to his chest.

"sh sh sh you're ok" he hushed, settling you down. Soon enough, you felt your muscles relax. The drum of his heartbeat drown out the noise from outside, making your mind at peace.

Wrapped up in the safety of JJ's arms and shielded under the comforter, you were finally ready for sleep to overtake you.

Just as you were about to drift off you swear you heard a faint mumble.

"sweet dreams pretty girl."