Chapter Seventy Eight

I had stayed home for days to better recover, but I did go out to bring Abel to daycare. Thomas was a bit older, but he wasn't old enough for the daycare, or preschool, Abel was going to. I didn't want to chance being caught by Clay or any of his hitmen outside, so I stayed inside. I knew Gemma said she'd handle it, but I was too worried to find out if she actually handled it or not. I was tired of being worried for my life. I wasn't scared, just a bit worried, nobody really scares me, especially Clay Marrow. My father scared me more than Clay or anyone else ever really would.

      After spending days thinking through scenarios and thinking about my life, I decided to take a few days away from Charming. I hadn't told Jax yet, but I planned to tell him once I had everything in place for me to leave for a bit. I wasn't going to be gone too long, but I was going to go and find my brothers. I knew Dean only had a few days left, so I wanted to spend his last days with him. I was going to try to find anything I could to keep him from dying, but since I couldn't be sure anything would work, I was still going to spend his last days with him. 

       Losing Dean scared the hell out of me. I had lost plenty of people in my life, but nobody compared to my older brother. Dean was my protector, my partner in crime, and my best friend. It hurt to know he was going to he gone, and I wasn't going to be able to see him again. I knew Dean was going to try and be strong for Sam and I, but that didn't mean it was going to hurt any less. Hell, I don't even know if losing Jax would hurt as bad as losing Dean.

"Hey, Darlin'." Jax greeted, as he kissed me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, Jax." I replied, smiling at him.

"Gemma's got Abel. She'll be bringing him by later. She got the shit beat out of her, and I'm guessing it was by the hands of Clay." Jax informed, causing my heart to skip a beat.

       Gemma wouldn't have gotten beat up by Clay if she wasn't trying to handle him for me. It was all my fault that Gemma was beat up.

"Did she tell you?" I asked, causing him to sigh.

"No, not really. I just knew when I seen her face." He murmured, and I nodded.

"Jax, I have to tell you something." I announced, feeling my breath become shallow.

      I didn't want to tell him, but I knew if I didn't, there was a chance Gemma could he hurt worse by Clay, especially if she was the one to tell Jax.

"What happened to me at the park, it wasn't retaliation or random," I began, sighing silently,"Clay set up the hit on me, to try and keep me from telling you that he was the one who killed your father. I know Gemma was going to tell you, but I couldn't wait any longer. I think Clay's going to go after Piney too, since your father made his own letters to Piney, telling him the suspicions he had about Clay." I said, looking away from him.

"Why didn't you tell me when it happened?" Jax asked, causing me to bite my lip.

"I wanted to, but Gemma said it wasn't safe. She said you didn't need to know, so I didn't tell you. I decided this on my own to finally tell you, and it's not only for you to know the truth, but also because I was worried for mine and the boys' lives because of him." I replied, making him sigh.

"I'll take care of it." He said, and I nodded.

"I also want to leave Charming for a few days. I want to go find my brothers; spend Dean's last few days with him. I want to have one last goodbye, ya know?" My voice cracking as I thought about him.

"I'll get Gemma to stay here and watch the boys. I'm not letting them stay over there, not with Clay around." Jax replied, not disagreeing with me leaving.

      Jax followed me into our room and helped me pack a bag with a little bit of clothes. I didn't need to take much, since the days were numbered. Once I had everything, I zipped the bag up, then turned to Jax and wrapped my arms around him. I let my arms hold his neck loosely, as I buried my face in the side of his neck, taking a moment to breath and calm myself.

"Do you know where they are?" Jax asked, causing me to shake my head.

"No, but I'm calling Sam as soon as I hit the road. He'll tell me where they are." I replied, pulling away from the hug.

"Please be careful, and call me every night to let me know you're safe." Jax said, placing his hands on my hips.

"Don't worry, Jax. I'll always be safe with my brothers, even if I do get a few cuts and bruises." I commented, smiling at Jax.

        Jax chuckled, before leaning forward and placing a kiss on my lips. Once we pulled away, he grabbed my bag and carried it out to my car for me. I knew he didn't want me to leave, and honestly, I didn't want to leave him, but I had to be with Dean. Dean needed me, even if he didn't say it to my face. I knew how Dean worked, just as well as he knew how I did. I also knew Sam was going to need me, even though I knew he was going to pretend to be strong about it. These next few days were going to be stressful, but the end was going to be heartbreaking...

×××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, this story will not surpass 100 chapters, unless it absolutely needs to. I want to use as much detail, but it's been a long time since I watched SOA, and I'm currently rewatching Supernatural. I will try to hit all the main spots in SOA, but I can't promise I will get every detail.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx