During a fifteen minute break, I looked for her. But, every time I would see her from afar, she would leave, keeping her distance from me. It's like she doesn't want to be in the same space as me. And it hurts because it reminded me of how cold she was in the beginning. But, now, we're further back, and I feel as though it's worse than before.

Her distance took a toll on me. I couldn't concentrate on my lines, and I've messed up more than I can count. It's unprofessional, but I couldn't help myself. I wish I could say that this was the last of it, but it dragged and kept me on my toes.

Before we were dismissed for lunch, I wanted to talk to her, give her a piece of my mind, but I knew that I'm feeling a lot, and if I don't control myself I'm going to end up exploding and I would say something I'll regret. So, I left with Kelly and Jovan. I was initially going to spend some time alone, but I didn't want to let my thoughts get the best of me, so I decided it's best to spend it around people so I wouldn overthink as much.

~

Everything was going well. I'm engaging in the conversation, but I suddenly realized that I was only forcing myself to say something so they wouldn't ask anything about how I look today. I feel like if they ask me if everything is okay, I would break down. I rather not speak about my feelings when everything is fresh.

As Jovan was paying for our meal, the ground beneath us began to shake, a few of the trinkets and decorations fell to the floor. The lights are flickering, and it took me by surprise to even comprehend that there's an earthquake going on. Luckily, it was short-lived and it only lasted for about thirty seconds. Everyone was okay and no one got hurt.

"This is why I hate LA." Kelly said. "That shit was scary."

"For a second I thought I was going to die in that diner." Jovan chuckled nervously as we entered his car.

I made a few comments just so they wouldn't ask any questions. For a fleeting moment, it scared me, but I guess I never knew just how much I was way in over my head to even comprehend what was going on until it stopped.

When we arrived back at the site, the blinding lights coming from multiple ambulance trucks caught me off guard. And that's when I felt something I wish I didn't.

My heart began to beat erratically out of my chest as I exited the car. My surroundings felt slow, like everything was in slow motion. Everyone's voice sounded muffled as I looked for her, hoping that my intuition is wrong and I'm overthinking things again. But, when I couldn't find her anywhere, my eyes glossed over as tears poured easily.

"Miles, where's Y/N?!" I asked, almost in a panic. When he didn't say anything, it shattered me. "Miles? What happened?!"

"She, uh..." He stuttered. "Y/N was inside when it happened, and everything fell apart. She's been stuck underneath the concrete for thirty minutes but everyone is working their hardest to get her out—"

My entire body felt numb after hearing what happened. I feel like I couldn't stand on my own feet, and it stings to take a breath knowing that she's inside fighting for her life. I could see the panic running through everyone's eyes like they're losing hope.

It's like a scene out of a horror film after a disaster. It took them almost two hours to get her out. Everything in me fell apart when I saw every inch of her body covered in life threatening wounds as she's being wheeled by a gurney, in the back of an ambulance car.

I got a hold of her hand for a split second, and when I felt how cold and lifeless it was, it made me feel frightened. Then, suddenly, it reminded me of when she got into a motorcycle accident and how it affected me in ways I didn't think possible. I didn't want to think of it, the past, but it's there, swarming my head.

-

The shoot was dismissed indefinitely. Kelly volunteered to drive to the hospital. I couldn't stop myself from thinking the worst. I could only take short breaths and when I do try to calm myself down, it's only getting worse because I don't know if she's okay. She didn't look when she left.

When we arrived at the hospital, I rushed toward the inside of the building and into the waiting room by ICU. I stopped all movements in my body as soon as I saw Florence anxiously waiting, incapable of keeping herself sane. I hesitated to approach, but eventually I did. I sat right next to her, and it took a few seconds until she finally looked at me.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She's still in there." Florence answered. "They said she lost blood and there might be head trauma involved. I don't know, everything is happening all at once."

~

When two hours turned into six, it put me in a panic state of mind. My legs couldn't stop trembling and I spent the entire time biting on my fingernails in an attempt to keep myself in check. But, there's no way I could truly put a stop to this. I just want her to be okay.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Grey, head of general surgery." A woman introduces herself to us. "You two are here for Y/LN, Y/N, correct?"

"Yes." Florence said. "How is she?"

"She's stable for now, but she did lose a lot of blood. She also suffered a few fractured bones such as the lower part of her ribs, left leg, and right arm." Dr Grey explained. "It's nothing out of the ordinary, but she is still unconscious due to the sudden blunt force trauma that her head suffered. We did a CT scan just to make sure, but she's okay. She's going to be fine."

I released a breath of fresh air, relieved that she's okay.

"Can I go and see her?" Florence asked.

"Of course. She's in room 50E."

I followed right behind her, a little hesitant to see Y/N in her current state, knowing that it would break me. And I was right because the second I entered her room, and saw her multiple tubes attached to her, and the many cuts and bruises covering her body, it affected me drastically.

"You should go." Florence said. "See yourself out. She's okay."

I couldn't do or say anything. So, instead, I backed away slowly. And when I'm finally outside the hallway in front of the door, I watched as Florence held her hand and brought it to her lips as she broke down in tears.

I left. I walked away from the situation because it was becoming too unbearable for me to take. But, I had to stop because my eyes became glossed over and I couldn't see what's ahead of me anymore.

"Liz, what happened?" I heard MK's voice.

I threw my arms around her, burying myself into the embrace, "Why can't I ever be happy with the love of my life?" I sobbed brokenly, my cries weren't muffled anymore. I let it all out.

Third Person POV

I almost didn't want to tell her of the accident. I hesitated, but this is her story after all. And I have to tell her everything. Even the parts that hurt the most. And maybe, just maybe, it's enough for her to—

"Is mom going to be okay?"

"She will be." I said. "I'll make sure of it."

———————
A/N: I'm having fun writing Third Person POV because they're always so interesting. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter despite of it being short and angsty.

Honorable mention: Thanks to @HedaLok for giving me earthquake/accident idea. I've been dying to use it for a while and it's brilliant so thank you!

See y'all in the next chapter!