Chapter 4

Pinarada ko ang sasakyan sa harap ng bahay nila mama at bumaba kasama si Zion.

"Who owns this house?" Tanong ni Zion habang nakatingin sa bahay.

"My mom..." I answered and started walking.

"Oh."

Tinignan ko siya bago tuluyang pumunta sa tapat ng pinto ng bahay nila mama. Tatlong beses ako kumatok bago ito buksan ni mama.

"Winter." Si mama

Nilabas ko ang wallet ko at inabutan siya ng sampung libo. Para sa mga bata at sa iba pa nilang pangangailangan.

Binilang ni mama ang pera at tinanguan ako.

Bumuntong hininga ako, "Kumusta po kayo?" Tanong ko.

"Ayos lang kami, Winter." Sagot niya

Nakikita kong parang naiilang siya sa presensya ko at gusto na ako nitong umalis.

"Thats good." I said

She didn't say anything but she's staring at me with her tired eyes.

"Pwede po ba pumasok?" Ako na ang nag tanong dahil mukang wala siyang balak na ayain akonh pumasok ng tahanan nila

"Pasensya kana, magulo ang bahay." I sighed.

That's her way of saying ,hindi ka pwedeng pumasok.

I nodded and tried to converse with her more but her replies are dismissing.

I stared at her. She looks tired and old.

Dad didn't left her like this. Dad always puts her above all. My dad always take good care of her. He worked hard for mom to not get tired and here I am now seeing his beloved, my mom, looking tired and... broken.

"Mabuti siguro kung umalis kana Winter. Madami pa kasi akong gagawin. Pasensya na." At sinara niya ang pinto saking harap.

Bumuntong hininga ako at nag baba ng tingin, pinipigilan ang mga luha.

Ayaw niya talaga ako papasukin sa tahanan nila, tulad ng pag ayaw niyang papaukin ako sa buhay niya.

"I'm here." I heard a deep soothing voice behind me that made me turn around to face him.

His expression softened, reason why my tears escaped my broken eyes.

I ran towards him and encircled my arm around him. I cried on his chest and he let me.

I let him see me weak.

He let me have his shoulders to cry on.

For the first time, someone is beside me and letting me pour all my broken tears.

"For a better tomorrow." He whispered and kissed the top of my head.

When lola died I was so broken. I was alone. No one by my side... not even my mom who I expected to be the first person who will wipe away my tears.

I arranged my lola's funeral alone. But when my friends, Summer and Autumn, found out about what happened they never left my side. They even stayed in our house. They became my family.

But it came to a point that I got ashamed of myself. I know they also have problems to solve but they stayed by my side still. I faked okay infront of them to let them think that I'm really okay and they can go on with their lives without thinking about me.

I was never okay. I don't think I will be.

"I'll take you somewhere." He held my face with his two large hands and made me face him.

"Where?" I asked

"Somewhere special." He smiled. I don't know but the way he smiled made me calm.

I gave him the car key and let him take me anywhere.

I was in awe when we arrived. Zion opened the car door for me and held my right hand, guiding me.

It's an old light house. It's covered with moss and red flowers, I don't know what kind of flowers they were but they are beautiful.

Zion guided me up the stairs.

"Wow!" I uttered and learned on the railing.

"Careful babe" Zion warned

I looked at him and smiled

"Feeling a little better?" He asked, staring into my eyes.

I smiled and nodded.

"How did you found this place? It's so beautiful!" I asked him.

I faced him and saw how his smile vanished.

"I found this place because of how painful love is." He whispered but enough for me to hear

"Tell me about it." I said.

"It's nothing," he chuckled.

"Mag kwento kana dali! Para naman tayong tanga dito kung mag papanisan lang tayo ng laway." I chuckled and glanced at him.

"Grade 9 she transferred to our school. She's the most amazing girl I met and eventually we became friends until I fell for her." I felt how my heart reacted with what he said.

"She have a lot of dreams she wants to achieve and I supported her." He continued

"We dreamed together. Finish highschool together. Started college together." My heart clenched but I remained composed.

"Not until she planned to move away to reach for her dream. I was hurt at first but I loved her so I let her go to freely fly, just how she wanted." I looked at him and saw unshed tears in his eyes.

Just by how he reacts now, I know he loved her truely.

"A year later I found out she's been seeing another guy. I fought hard but she's not happy with me anymore so I let her go for the second time, this time not for her dream but for her love." He looked away and wipe his tears away.

"I came back here in the Philippines. Driving became my coping mechanism reason why I found this place"

He still love her...

I can feel it.

"Are you waiting for her?" I asked. He glanced at me but didn't utter a single word.

Silence means yes.

We stayed there until sunset. We're both silent the whole ride back.

I know I don't have the right to be hurt or jealous of them but I can't help but to feel hurt because of their memories together and... his love for her.

He drove because he's scared of my driving. I let him, I don't have the energy to argue. He drove smoothly and slower than how I drive.

He pulled over infront of my condominium building.

He starred at the steering wheel for a while before facing me with smile plastered on his face.

"Baba na ako." He said

"Huh?"

"You go to the parking lot and go straight to your condo, okay? I'll ride a taxi on my way to the clinic, kunin ko lang yung naiwan kong sasakyan." I was just staring at him.

He smiled and pulled my head towards him and kissed my forehead.

He went out without looking back. I stare at him until he hopped inside the vehicle. I watch how the taxi fade.

Just like what he said. I parked my car and went up to my condo.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror after showering. I ran my hand on my body.

I'm very small and slim. With my 5'2 hight and hourglass body I suddenly felt insecure about my self.

Unknowingly a tear fell from my left eye.