HOME COOKED MEAL

"You're learning how to use your abilities at a pretty fast pace," Amariah praises.

"I saw a girl holding a flame in her hand. Can I do that?" I ask. Curious.

"Yes," her smile deepens. "And more."

I can't wait to find out what that means...

Her smile fading, Amariah looks around the room, nervously. Alarmed by her sudden change in mood, I follow her gaze over to a group of kids leaving the room.

"What is it?" I ask.

Fidgeting nervously, she warns, "Elizabeth is up to something. And I think it has to do with you. Whatever you do, don't trust her."

"Okay," I nod. A little confused.

She follows the group of kids out of the classroom, and I head into the kitchen to get something to eat. Only, I can't get my mind off Amariah's warning.

There's a long line at the buffet counter when I walk into the kitchen. I'm thinking about leaving and coming back later when the line is shorter, but training has a way of draining my energy as well as leaving me hungry.

"Turkey sandwich?" Sebastian asks. Shoving a plate in my face.

Thank God...

I'm so happy to not have to stand in line, that it could have been bread and lettuce for all I care. But he knows me so well he has all my favorites loaded up on my plate.

"Thanks," I swipe the plate from his hands. My eyes practically bulging out of my head with glee.

We sit in the back of the dining hall, and Sebastian catches up with a few of his friends while I dig into my plate. Thanking my lucky stars, he's so observant and thoughtful.

"How was training?" Sebastian suddenly turns to me.

"Insightful," I reply sarcastically. Around the mouthful of BLT, I just shoved in my mouth.

"Hey," Elijah sits down with us.

Isaac, Christian, and Crystal join him at our table. Followed by Samuel who comes walking up with his group of friends a few moments later.

"I've heard about this place, but never actually thought I would be here," Malachi looks around the room.

"It's even better than people say," Crystal adds.

"I see the two of you found yourselves together... again," Samuel eyeballs Sebastian and me.

Everyone exchanges awkward glances. And the mood at the table grows uncomfortable. Samuel believes he's making a point, I'm sure, but it doesn't need to be made. And he seriously needs to work on hiding his jealousy when it comes to Sebastian and me spending time together. Besides, what Sebastian and I do is none of his business. We're not together, I never said we would be, and we're not committing any crime by enjoying each other's company.

Or at least that's what I keep telling myself...

"You know," I turn to Sam to give him a piece of my mind. "If Sebastian and I want to sneak off into a supply closet somewhere for a one-off, it's none of your business."

Sebastian starts choking behind me, with soda coming out of both his nose and mouth. The mouths of everyone else at the table hangs open in shock, and Sam glares at me.

"Except I know Bas well enough to know he won't sneak off into a supply closet. Will he?"

Dang.