He handed me the book, and suddenly appeared right next to me, making me jump.

"Alastor, don't do that," I grumbled, and he lowered to his knees, resting his elbows on the arm of the chair so he could lean closer to me.

"I do what I want, peu d'amor," he purred lowly, and I looked over to meet his half lidded glowing eyes.

My flustered expression was quickly hidden by a scowl, and I lifted my hand. I palmed his entire face, shoving him back away from me.

"So do I." I responded and he grabbed my wrist, chuckling as he removed my hand from his face.

"Normally, something like that would land someone dead by my hand," he said simply, leaning back to a normal position.

I rolled my eyes, turning back to the book and smiling softly, "oh my, how lucky I am," I said mockingly.

Another chuckle.

"I never said you were an exception," he growled, and I raised an eyebrow, glancing at him. He was wearing a playful smile.

He's been very playful since last night. I barely got him to go to sleep.

He keeps teasing me...It reminds me of flirting in a way. The thought of that makes me weak to my knees, but I quickly shove it away.

That must just be his personality...

Plus, it's not like I like him...he's just...nice to look at is all.

I stuck my tongue out at him and his growl ceased, a closed mouth smile resting on his lips.

I focused back to the book, reading over the words on the page.

In the sense of a demonic haunting, there may be strong energy involved.

This energy may manifest visions and or memories from the past of a building and or house. These visions come at random, and normally don't have a reason.

However, they may also be warnings. Warnings consist of direct visuals of a person or entity's past.

My eyes widened and my lips parted.

Warnings?

"What could it be warning me of?" I asked, looking over at him. He shrugged, and scooted closer, reaching over me to point at the page.

"This is what caught my eye," he said. I looked back down at where his claw was placed.

Dreams are different than visions. Dreaming of the past may mean one is directly in contact with the entity.
The only way to resolve such an issue is an exorcism.

I blinked.

"So I just have to get an exorcism? That seems easy enough," I shrugged and Alastor snatched the book away from me. I looked at him, surprised.

His eyes were wide and his smile was thin.

What did I say...?

"What?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Have you gone mad? You'd exorcise me?" He asked, his voice sounding a bit hurt.

"Well...yea? It would just send you back to hell wouldn't it?" I asked him, and he scoffed.

"No. It wouldn't. Aside from an angel's blade, an exorcism is the only thing that will kill a demon if done correctly."

My mouth fell open and my gaze fell to my hands.

So I just have to...deal with this? Are these warnings? If the house is trying to tell me Alastor is dangerous, I already know that...

"Ok, well then that's not an option," I mumbled and he seemed to relax. He tucked the book into his coat pocket.

"I'll look more into this later, dear," he said and I sighed. I looked back up into his eyes and he still seemed a bit shaken.

"Im sorry..." I said, "I didn't mean to make it sound like I wanted to kill you, I didn't know," I finished and he sighed, looking away.

"No, dear, I'm sorry. There's no way you could've known that, and I overreacted..." his eyes shifted and he furrowed his brows.

Theres something else on his mind that he's not telling me.

"Plus," I added, smiling. He looked up at me, and I nudged his arm that was rested on the arm of my chair, "I don't think I'd want to get rid of you anyway...you're my friend," I said, trying to lighten the suddenly tense mood.

His smile relaxed, and he chuckled softly, "I wouldn't blame you if you did, dear...so far I haven't been the best friend," he said and my smile faltered.

I quickly restored it and shifted my position, sitting in on my knees and facing him. We were about eye level and I leaned on my elbows like he was, getting close to his face.

He leaned back away from me, a bit of color rising to his face. I lowered my eyelids, enjoying invading his personal space.

This is payback for all the times he does this to me.

"Stop that, Al," I said softly, "or will I have to make you?" I purred to the best of my ability.

It was hilarious the way his cheeks gained color at those words and he leaned further away from me.

"Um...darling I will do whatever you tell me to do if you take about ten steps away from me," he said and I chuckled, leaning back into my seat.

He let out a breath and relaxed and I slid out of my chair, walking towards the kitchen.

"Ok, virgin," I teased and he scoffed, "what do you want for dinner?"

"You," he grumbled, standing up, and I threw my head back laughing.

"Oh really?" I said, laughing, and I didn't have to look at him to know he was beet red.

"You know what I meant!" He growled.