~Chapter 14~

This is the day I've been dreading, as I sit by the window and watch Kori and my mother unload the car. Kori holds the bigger boxes and carefully makes her way into the house. Her steps resonate as she makes her way up the stairs and into the room beside mine. It all hasn't quite sunk in yet. I know she's moving in but a part of me wants this to not be real--for me to blink my eyes and her to go away.

The blueness of the sky and the shining sun mocks me, as I don't feel near as good as it looks outside. With a sigh I push myself away from the nook near the window. I shed my clothes and wrap my towel around me before heading to the bathroom. Kicking off my slippers I let the soles of my feet meet the cold linoleum floor, as I wait for the shower to warm up.

I stay in the shower for a while before I finally exit the bathroom. The house is quiet except for the sound of ripping tape and boxes coming from the room beside mine. Alexis went out with her friends and I suppose mom must have went to the store. Luckily Ashton is supposed to be coming over so we can get some of the work for this project done. We didn't have much time this week to work on it being that I was busy working with the rest of the student activity committee to plan this overnight sleepover for the senior class.

It's been a stressful week to say the least.

I begin to change, preparing myself for when Ashton comes over. As I'm about to slip my head into my sweatshirt, I hear a knock from the door and a creek from it opening. Startled my hands wrap around my chest trying to cover my bra and boobs. Kori stands there her eyes wide before she turns away. "I'm so sorry," she says frantically. "But um you have tattoo?"

My gaze moves from her to my side where I see the large dream catcher staring back at me. Kori is the first person outside of Ashton, Ronnie, and Sam to see it, and honestly that fact alone pisses me off. I hastily slide my sweatshirt over my head before giving her a mean glare. "What do you want?"

"There's a boy here to see you. His name is Asher, I think," she says, shifting her weight in discomfort as her hand rubs up and down her arm.

"His name is Ashton," I reply grabbing my bookbag, "I'd prefer if you didn't run and tell mom about this." I motion to my side.

She lifts her hands up in defense "Oh no. I wasn't planning on it. I won't tell anyone."

Pushing past her, I turn off my bedroom light. "Good."

I shift my backpack more comfortably into my shoulder, and shuffle down the stairs at my own beat. Ashton waits at the bottom of the staircase, a small smirk on his face. "What?" I ask.

"That was your sister who answered the door right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Your sisters are hot."

I roll my eyes, leaving him at the staircase as I walk toward the front door. "I'm leaving. You disgust me."

"You're riding with me," he calls as he catches up to me. "You can't leave me."

"Maybe I'll just go for a nice walk and you can do all the work."

"How about no?"

"Then don't talk about my sisters like that," I say sliding on the helmet he handed me.

"No promises," he replied straddling the motorcycle.

"Stop before I push you off this damn bike," I reply, slipping behind me. My arms latch around his waist as the engine roars to life, and Ashton let out an amused laugh. He kicks his foot from off the ground, and we're off, cruising down the street away from my home. It feels freeing to be away from that place and away from the frustration. Maybe, even if for a couple of hours, I can escape it all.