Chapter Sixteen: 637

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god! Hey, are you okay?" The girl asked. I felt myself being turned over, and looked into identical brown eyes. 

"Yeah." I whispered. They were twins. I saw two more people come up the path, a man and woman holding hands. They ran over to us.

"What happened, Erin, Eddy? Are you alright miss?"  It was the woman. Groaning, I sat up. Hopefully they had a car somewhere.

"I was just walking around, when some guy tackled me, saying I was someone I wasn't. He looked really mad, you know, and I had to get away. I'm just really scared, you know." I put on my Queens accent, these people sounded like they were from the country.

"Oh dear. Dylan, Eddy help her to the car. We'll get you to our hotel, then you can phone someone." She smiled at me. 

"Thank you so much.  I'm Cara." Or that's what my fake passport said. 

"Well I'm Julia, my husband is Dylan, and our twins are Eddy and Erin. You're covered in cuts!" She exclaimed. The boy, Eddy, placed my arm on his shoulder.

"Hey, I'm Eddy." He flashed a grin. I smiled at him we slowly walked on. 

"So where are you from, Cara was it?" He asked me. "I'm from Arizona." Knew it.

"I'm from Queens." True. "I'm here on vacation, I guess you are too?" One guess said that he was around sixteen. 

"Yep." My legs still felt a little wobbly, and my adrenaline rush was wearing off. I felt the dad pick me up. 

"It's okay Cara, you're safe now. You're lucky we were here and nothing happened to you." I had to agree with that. He reminded me of my dad. 

"She looks a lot like cousin Shirley's kid, doesn't she?" I heard Erin whisper to her mother. I tensed, and waited for an answer.

"Maybe a little bit, but not much. Besides, she's studying in Australia." Really, that's the lie my mom came up with? I felt my eyes droop but fought to keep them open. The effects of the anesthesia began to surface, but I kept my eyes open. 

"Hey Cara, it's okay. You can sleep, you've been through a lot." Eddy reassured me. He grinned and his sister smacked him up the head. 

"Stop flirting, she's barely awake Ed." His sister chastised him. I let myself drift off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are officially screwed Elise. First, I'm missing the Packer's game! That sucks in itself." I pulled against my bonds. I had a nasty bruise on my eye. Let's just say "fate" didn't appreciate the punch in the nose. 

"Whose after you Lise?" He asked. I pursed my lips in thought. 

"No one right now, besides the feds. You?" He was silent. Bradley had never told me the people who were hunting him.

"Elise, no one wants me." I heard that lie. I dug my nails into his hands, and he yelped with pain.

"Liar, Liar, pants on fire." He groaned. 

"Are you five? Really Lise, was that necessary?" I rolled my eyes, but he couldn't see.

"We are the worst hostages ever. Let's sing a song!" I suggested. I was already bored out of my mind. 

"How about Barbie Girl?" I suggested and he laughed. "Come on Brad, it'll be fun." I begged. 

"Okay, fine, just because I'm bored." I giggled like a school girl.

"I'M A BARBIE GIRL, IN A BARBIE-" I felt a smack to my face. Where did he come from?" I looked up, but he had already backed into the shadows.

"SHUT UP!" He yelled. Bradley and I burst out laughing. It was just too funny. 

"Knock-knock." I giggled. "Whose there." Bradley asked. 

"Doris."

"Doris who?"

"Doris locked. That's why I'm knocking." We both burst into giggles. I felt Bradley's head fly back, he must of been hit. We quieted down.

"Remind me again why I chose to do this Elise?" Bradley asked me, intertwining our fingers.

"Because we're idiots, that's why." I smiled one last smile as the door opened.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Cara! Wake up, we're here." I opened my eyes to see a big hotel room. The previous events came rushing at me. Eddy stood over me.

"Rise and shine sleepy head. Want some lunch?" He asked and I nodded. Eddy set down a sandwich. 

"We just got here, you were asleep for like two hours. You thrash around in your sleep, you know that." Boy did I ever know that, it had gotten me into trouble. 

"Yeah, I know. Thanks for the sandwich Eddy. Can I use the phone though, privately." I asked. He nodded and left the room. I dialed a number I knew by heart. 

"Mom?" 

Unknown P.O.V. 

"I want to meet this Maya girl, and thank her." I proclaimed. Danny nodded at me. 

"She's currently with some family, get this, they're actually her second and third cousins. Neither of them know, I'll tell you if they do.. The Johnson's." Daniel handed me a file. I placed it on my desk, it didn't matter. 

"Silver has a passport saying Cara Fast. Chadsey, or Maya, has equipped her with cash. Tyler is clever, but not clever enough." Truer words were never spoken.

"I want to see her, it's time." I annouched. Danny looked at me shocked.

"Really? I don't think that's a good idea buddy. She's really delicate." True, I frowned.

"Hey boss, is it okay if she calls her mum?" I've already hacked into the security system in their room,  and we can listen to the conversation." I nodded and Danny passed me a pair of headphones.

"Mom?"  I could hear the pain in her voice. I knew that Shirley would be home.

"Oh sweetie! I haven't heard from you in so long, I was so worried!" Elise was silent, until I heard her burst into tears.

"You're alright." She whispered. I took the headphones off and handed them to Danny. 

"I want you to find a way to get that Chadsey girl, and maybe the Mark guy. Tyler is going to be extra cautious with them, so be careful. Also, I want you to send Cane to her, along with Thompson. I have to go meet someone." He nodded and I left the room.

Meet in Lorine's café, 637 Pemerton Street, come alone.- JC

I had a good idea who this came from. I hailed a taxi and got in. Twenty minutes later, I sat down at a table. 

"Hello Sir." Someone politely greeted me. I looked up and grinned, and he returned the gesture.

'Nice to finally meet you Coyle, now let's get down to business." 

BrickStone would fall to the ground, if it was the last thing I would ever do.