Chapter 23-Happier

Start from the beginning

"Sammy, I can feel your eyes," she smirked, I blushed and let out a small giggle,

"I'm sorry I just can't stop thinking about earlier." I said as I brushed her hair away from her face, caressing her cheek,

"Sam.." She said looking up at me,

"Just one more," I said as I kissed her lips, they were so soft, I longed for her in a way I couldn't explain, Like I couldn't breathe and she was oxygen.

She pulled away as the uber arrived, both of us slipping into the back seat. I gave the driver the address to Rhiannon's hotel and we went in that direction. I could tell Sloan was exhausted both emotionally and physically as she leaned against the window,

"Come here," I said gently coaxing her toward me and placing her head on my shoulder, she was a little tense at first but then started to relax. By the time we arrived at the hotel she was asleep laying against me. It took everything in me not to ask the driver to just drive around for an hour or so, just so that I could hold her like this for longer. She was out hard and when I tried to wake her she stayed asleep. I got out of the car and went around to the other side, picking her up. She slightly awoke and rubbed her eyes before wrapping her arms around my neck, and laying her head once again on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, I got you." I said as I continued into the hotel and up to Rhiannon's room. I got to her door and gave it a few gentle kicks seeing as I couldn't knock with Sloan in my arms.

"What did you do kidnap her?" Josh said surprised as he opened the door, I rolled my eyes and let out a soft laugh

"No she fell asleep in the car." I said gently placing her on the bed. "Rhiannon is it ok if she stays here tonight?"

"Of course, I will bring her to the bus in the morning if thats what she wants." She replied

"Perfect thank you," I said in return. I stood in the room for a moment not wanting to leave her. She was asleep peacefully on the bed.

"Come on Sam, lets get back to the bus, lets leave the girls be." Josh said nudging me.

"Rhiannon you let us know if either of you need anything and we will take care of it." I said as we walked out the door. Me and Josh got back to the bus and I immediately searched for Jake. I walked to the back room and tried opening the door, it was locked.

"He said he doesn't want to talk to anyone," Danny said peeking his head out of his bunk. I was to stubborn to oblige.

"Jake can you just give me 5 minutes?" I said knocking on the door, I heard footsteps approaching. He opened the door, said nothing and then walked back over, sitting down on the bed. His face was emotionless, he wasn't mad, he wasn't sad, he was just there. He got like this when he was really hurt. "I found Sloan at the airport, I talked her into staying and hopefully all of us talking tomorrow." He still said nothing. "Jake, you know I didn't mean to hurt you. It just kind of happened and I really am sorry you got hurt." He just nodded his head as he turned a ring on his finger, still looking at the floor.

"What are we going to do." He finally mumbled, "I know I'm going to be devastated if she chooses you, and you'd be the same if she chose me." he placed his head into his hands

"I don't know. I guess one of us will just have to try and live through it." I said placing my hand on his shoulder, "I hate that one of us has to hurt in order for the other to be happy." He nodded in agreement.

"Well I want to get some sleep." Jake said. I took the hint and left the room, I obviously wasn't his favorite person right now and he probably just wanted to think.