Chapter 36* || Name The Time And Place, Baby

𝐑 𝐎 𝐒 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

"M'lady."

Roman bows as he opens the passenger side truck door for me. I roll my eyes yet smile at his cheesiness before climbing into his truck. He closes the door and rounds the truck before climbing into the driver's side.

"Where are we going?" I question as he starts up his truck and drives out of my apartment parking lot. After agreeing to the date last night. This morning Roman told me the time of our date and what he could have planned between last night and today while he was still at mine is beyond me. "You had one night. What could you have possibly planned?"

Roman looks over at me and smirks before he rests one hand on my thigh. "Patience."

"Something I don't have," I state, and he chuckles. "Am I dressed okay?"

He looks over, his eyes flickering from my summer dress that is covered by a faux fur coat to my boots, and he nods his head. Boston is starting to lose its cold chill and become more bearable. So, while my dress is probably a month shy of being acceptable, my jacket will help. "You look perfect."

Our short drive soon comes to an end and Roman pulls into the parking lot of an animal farm. Kids and adults make their way through the front of the gates of the farm, and I look over to Roman. "An animal farm?"

"Don't look at me like that, I can be sweet," Roman defends and I laugh before leaning over to kiss his cheek. "I thought it would be something different. You can pet the animals here too."

Climbing out of the truck, I make my way to the front where Roman stands, and he holds out his hand hesitantly, as if he thinks I won't take it. Lacing my hand through his, we make our way to the entrance of the farm and buy tickets before making our way through.

The farm rests in an outdoor space. Wooden frames surround the animals as they pop their heads over, people feeding them and petting them. The area is filled with different animals, from donkeys, alpacas, and even pigs.

Roman leads me over to the pink chubby pigs and piglets that rest behind the wooden beams, and I reach over to pet one of the pigs before stating, "You know, pigs are actually quite adorable."

"Yeah? Are they still adorable when they roll around in mud like that?" Roman points to one of the pigs in the back rolling around in the mud and I laugh.

"This coming from the guy that walks around in a locker room full of naked dudes," I tease, and he rolls his eyes.

"Would you like to go inside? You can hold one of the piglets," One of the workers says to us and I nod my head enthusiastically. Roman chuckles before following me inside the pen and the worker instructs me to sit down before placing the piglet in my arms.

"I have to send this to my mom. Take a picture?" I ask Roman and he nods before snapping one of me before coming to sit next to me and petting the piglet. "Now I want one as a pet."

"A pet piglet?" Roman raises his eyebrow.

"Don't judge me," I defend. "This guy is adorable. I'd replace you with him."

"You'd kick me out of bed for him?" Roman looks offended, and I nod my head. "Ridiculous."

Putting the piglet down, we make our way out of the pen and walk around checking out the other animals as well as feed them. When we get to the donkey's, Roman puts his face next to one and I giggle, joking about how they look alike and take a picture.

For the next few hours, we go around to all the animals, feeding them, petting them, and even holding some of the babies.

Once we get hungry, Roman grabs a blanket from his truck and we buy some food from a food truck outside before going back in and sitting down on some of the free grass area along with other people who have the same idea.