Chapter 10 || You Called Me Rosalie

𝐑 𝐎 𝐒 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 ' 𝐒    𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

I do not ice skate.

The only time I've ever been, was when I was seven-year-old and my mother took me to spite my dad, who watched the rest of a TV series without her that they were supposed to watch together. So, in retaliation she took me to an ice-skating rink, which he did not like one bit. Her attempt at teaching me to ice skate, something she learnt growing up in New York, did not end well. Falling on my ass one too many times put me off ice skating for life.

I have no confidence that Roman will not let me fall.

Locking my car that sits outside of the hockey house, I make my way up to the front door. A few of the hockey guys pass me on the way, heading out somewhere and I ring the bell when I get to the door. The door opens revealing Miles wearing nothing but sweatpants, looking as if he has just woken up with his messy bedhead. A stark contrast to my bundled-up look, ready for the cold air of the ice rink.

"Am I still dreaming?"

His confused look makes me chuckle and I shake my head before patting his cheek and walking inside. "Aww no you're not."

"Look at you! Voluntarily at the hockey house where your arch nemesis lives." Miles crosses his arms. "There was me thinking I was dreaming of an angel."

My eyes catch Roman's form as he comes out of the common room and over to us before slapping Miles on the back of his head. "More like the devil."

"Charming as ever I see." I roll my eyes and I wave goodbye to Miles as he walks off, grumbling about a house full of violence.

"At least you were smart enough to not wear that monstrosity of a football jacket," Roman scoffs and I smirk.

"It's in my car, ready to be worn when we get on the ice."

"I'm going to burn it without you looking at some point," Roman mutters walking off and I follow. We head into the common room and guys from the hockey team surround the common room. A few of them look up at our entrance as Roman grabs his gym bag.

"Tavia went to grab her pair of skates for you," Isaiah explains as I walk over to where he sits at the breakfast bar eating breakfast since it's early.

"Future cap here teaching you how to skate?" A guy walks in, slapping his hands down on Roman's shoulders.

I turn to Roman. "No wonder your head is so large."

"This is our captain, Atlas," Isaiah introduces, and I wave.

"Hollywood here is the vandal who now has to help me with the youth group." Roman nods over to me.

"Oh, yes. The infamous girl who broke in to try and vandalize your stuff," Atlas snickers.

"If anyone wants to get back at the figure skater, I'm looking for a new partner in crime. Mine was at the vending machine grabbing Cheetos while I was getting caught," I offer, which earns a laugh from the guys around us.

"Hey Lia." I turn my head seeing Octavia walk in, carrying a pair of ice skates. "These are for you, a size bigger but if you wear big socks, you'll be okay."

"Thanks, oh and if you get a phone call from the hospital you should tell the police Roman King did it," I smirk over to Roman who shakes his head.

"You're going ice skating, not being murdered...just yet anyway." Roman adds the last part.

"Let's be honest if there was going to be a murder between the two of you, you would be the one getting murdered, man," Isaiah scoffs and I throw a triumphant smirk Roman's way.