Chapter 5 || This Is A Stupid Idea

𝐑 𝐎 𝐒 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 ' 𝐒    𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭...

Every once in a while, we have those ideas.

The ones that aren't our finest moments in our lives and if someone was watching through a television screen, they would shout at us not to do it and shake their heads in disappointment. The ideas that, while may seem good at the time, you know you will regret them the very next day. But that doesn't stop you from doing it.

This is not one of my smartest ideas.

Even with Cara repeatedly having told me so ever since we left the apartment and got to the hockey arena, I know it isn't. Nearing midnight, Boston stands illuminated by the streetlights and the nightlife. Skyscrapers that still have workers inside light up the city, the bars and the nightclubs remain as vibrant as ever.

Yet, even as the hustle and bustle of the city of Boston continues throughout the night, the part of campus Cara and I are at is a ghost town. Aside from having seen a few stumbling students on our walk here, the place is deserted, which is exactly what we need for what is about to go down.

"This is a stupid idea."

My head peers around the corner of the arena building as my eyes focus on the young night guard who stands stoic at the entrance of the arena doors. Cara's voice grumbles behind me, her breath hitting the back of my neck as she stands close to me, also looking around the building. Her statement is not wrong. Tonight could end horribly wrong if we get caught. That will be interesting to explain to my parents.

I roll my eyes at her. "Then why did you come?"

"I said it was stupid. I didn't say I wanted to miss out on all the fun," Cara says, as if it's obvious. I chuckle and turn around to face her. Our black outfits match aside from the black beanie on my head and the black flat cap on hers. "Roman is going to know it's you."

"That's the whole point. It took three car washes to get everything off. Did he use superglue or something? The car wash people were looking at me like I was crazy," I tell her, and her lips tip up in a smile that she tries to conceal.

"That's totally not funny." Cara shakes her head, trying to hide her amusement.

"Yeah, yeah, laugh it up." I smile before I take out a prop out of my bag. "Anyway, I plan to make sure he knows it's me."

Cara takes it from me and looks at it before raising her eyebrow. "Really? A mini-Hollywood sign prop. Where did you even get this from?"

I shrug. "Amazon."

"We need to get your Amazon addiction under control once we're done here," Cara reminds me and points the prop at me. I snatch it back off her before placing it back in my bag.

"Like I don't notice all the packages that arrive at our apartment with your name on," I taunt with an evil grin.

"Are we doing this yet?" Cara changes the topic with her arms crossed as she looks anywhere but me. Chuckling, I allow the topic to change before I peer my head around the corner once more and nod my head in response.

"Quick question. Where did you get the crowbar from?" I question the object that is sitting in my backpack, and she smiles sheepishly.

"I'm from New York." Cara shrugs and I decide to not ask any other questions. Explaining to Cara the plan of how to get into the arena, she nods in agreement before we stand up straight and make our way around the corner in the direction of the arena entrance.