Chapter 16 || Can You Stop That?

𝐑 𝐎 𝐒 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Why do I keep getting stuck having to spend time with Roman King?

Between our Biochemistry classes, our internship with our professor and the incident that caused us to have to teach the youth hockey group together I have spent more time with Roman in the past month and a half than I have in the past two years of our time here. My mind wanders back to my professor's request that he threw onto us a day before we left for the away game in the laboratory when we were assisting with his research.

"I need you both, together, to go through all the references and check every single one."

Professor Erikson's request was met with stony silence from both Roman and me, for many reasons. First, this was going to take hours and hours of work to ensure all the references were correct. Second, it means spending all that time with each other for the first time since we slept together.

My eyes flicker over across the table in the library, landing on Roman's frame as he is hunched over the books flipping through them. His glasses perched on his nose, he pushes them on top of his head, rubbing his eyes. Already having been here for over an hour, we haven't even made a dent in our workload.

Sitting in silence for most of our time here, aside from the odd question here and there to double check the reference is correct, my tapping breaks that silence. Awkwardness has surrounded our table ever since we both sat down and we haven't talked about our night together. We've both been pretending it never happened by keeping the minimal conversation about any topic aside from that night.

"Can you stop that?"

Roman's voice interrupts the constant tapping of my pen against the table in the library. I can tell it frustrates him, as it has been doing for the past ten minutes I've been doing it. Standing out against the silence of the library, he's been shooting glares my way.

The secluded area we have taken up has books surrounding the large table we acquired as we reference check all the references for our professor's research paper. Grunt work basically. I stop my tapping and a smirk graces my lips before I tap the pen against the table even faster than before. Roman breathes a sigh before reaching over to snatch the pen off me.

I look at my watch. "Fifty-three minutes."

"The amount of time I've been planning your murder for?" He questions and I purse my lips.

"Hilarious," I deadpan. "It was the amount of time we hadn't argued for. But then again we weren't talking."

"Not my fault you're irritating and make it easy to argue with you," He smirks, and I motion for my pen back. He holds it out before pulling it back. "Just don't tap it."

He gives it to me, only so we can carry on, and I push my bottom lip out. "But I can tell it annoys you and that pleasures me."

"You have some weird ass kinks," He scoffs, and I chuckle. "And I've met some girls with some real freaky ones."

"Now this I have to hear." My eyes light up with humor as I turn towards him, placing my pen down. Placing his own down, he leans back in his chair, deep in thought.

"Foot fetishes are big ones for some real weird reason. I've had multiple girls ask to suck my toes." He scrunches his face up in disgust, as do I.

"I'd rather sit through another one of your hockey games," I shiver, and he chuckles. "Ok, what else?"

"One girl wanted me to put lipstick on. Another girl wanted me to pretend I was a corpse and then all I could think about was that one Brooklyn-Nine-Nine episode. I deflated real quick," He explains, and I am now laughing at his expense. "Yeah, yeah, laugh it up."