Chapter 35* || It's Just Us

𝐑 𝐎 𝐌 𝐀 𝐍' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

One week, three days and seven hours.

That's how much time has passed between our fight. The amount of time we've spent ignoring each other in classes. The amount of time we've gone without seeing each other.

And it's been hell.

"Is he still moping?" I hear whispering behind me as I sit on a bench doing arm curls in the gym at the BU hockey arena.

"I think he is." Someone else whispers in a familiar voice.

I roll my eyes. "I'm not moping."

Placing the barbell back on the rack, I turn around seeing Miles and Isaiah standing there. They snicker to themselves as they joke about me moping. Which isn't exactly incorrect.

The week has been spent with me drowning myself in work, on the ice or in the gym, and it still doesn't help. After spending so much time with Lia, it was weird to not be around her or at least talking to her.

Her head has stayed down in our classes, purposely avoiding eye contact and doing everything possible to not look in my direction or talk to me. I never thought I'd see the day when I missed her. But over the past months we've become close and I've been falling for her, hook, line and sinker.

"You are one hundred percent moping," Isaiah confirms. "It's okay to admit it."

"This is stupid, right?" I ask, and the guys look at each other before nodding. "We haven't talked for a week. She ignores my presence...all because we're both too stubborn to apologize and cave."

"Dude, Lia can hold a grudge and take it to her grave. There's no way you're winning here," Miles scoffs and I nod my head, knowing he's right. "Why did you argue, anyway?"

I raise my eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you guys had a good thing going. It seems childish to lose it over an internship. You know you've got the captain position locked down for next year. There's no way you'll even have the time for the internship and isn't this gonna help Lia's career plan?" Miles reasonably explains.

"I know that. But she just expected me to back down because I have hockey," I explain.

"But you do have hockey," Isaiah comments, and I roll my eyes. "You have to think about what you want. Do you want to keep moping or do you want to get your girl back?"

I know what I have to do.

𝐑 𝐎 𝐒 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Dear Rosalie,

Due to the unforeseen circumstances of Roman rescinding his position as an intern for next year. The position is yours should you wish to accept it...

Roman did what?

Jumping up from my position on the couch and slamming my laptop lid down, I put my shoes on and grab my car keys. After my mom's wise words and a few days to think over, I realized I was being stupid and needed to put my big girl pants on and apologize.

This email just solidifies the idea. Opening my door to head out of the apartment, Roman stands on the other side of my door with his fist raised, ready to knock.

"Roman?"

He looks sheepish to have been caught outside my door, about to knock as I was coming out. "Were you heading out?"

"I was actually coming to see you," I admit, rubbing my arm and his eyes widen.

"Oh, guess we had the same idea," He chuckles, and I nod my head. "Can I come in?"