Chapter 30 || One Of Those Friendship Groups

𝐑 𝐎 𝐌 𝐀 𝐍' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

"King, you're in."

Mouth guard in and helmet down. Coach pats me on the back as I jump over the box and make my way onto the ice for the rest of the game. I slap Wren's hand as he comes off the ice and into the box to swap with me before I get into position.

Atlas nods at me and the faceoff begins as the ref throws the puck into the air. Atlas scrapes it off the opposing side before racing down the ice. I body check one of the opposing players into the plexiglass and the rink is a mix of players skating and violently being slammed into the sides.

While this is happening, Atlas swings and scores a hat trick. The crowd cheers loud and chants his name as he revels in the glory of the hat trick, doing a lap around the ice.

Coach shouts to him to stop gloating, and I shake my head before we get back into position once more. With not long left in the game, we power through and by the end are the winners. We head back into the locker room to shower and change for the party at the hockey house.

"I saw Lia in the stands with Tavia," Isaiah comments as I strip off and I shrug my shoulders.

"Yeah? She mentioned she might come," I say nonchalantly, knowing he's digging for information. Whether for himself or Tavia, I'm not sure. "Think she's coming to the party too."

"You two getting along now?" Miles asks as I hop into the shower. Thankful for the curtain to hide my expressions, I start to lather up.

"I mean, we still fight like cats and dogs, and it still leads to sex to release the tension," I admit.

"Seriously? That's all you're going to give us?" Isaiah asks, and I roll my eyes.

"We've been getting along better. Miles was there for Thanksgiving. I think we started to understand each other a little better knowing why I do Biochem and vice versa." I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist.

"New Year? I think Lia falling under there scared you both," Miles states as we all get changed.

"A little. I mean, don't get me wrong. We still argue and piss each other off, but someone falling into the pond like that and knowing she could have got trapped under there makes you realize some things." I close my locker before throwing my gym bag over my shoulder.

"I'd like to say three years in...I told you so." Miles points to me and I throw a used jockstrap at him, which he dodges.

I push open the door to the locker room, which leads into the hallway, and we dodge the girls. "Yeah, yeah."

"What about Cara? Didn't see her in the stands," Isaiah asks Miles.

"Lia mentioned she was going to come to the party, think she had something to do." I add. "What's happening with you two?"

Miles mutters. "Good question."

Isaiah and I share a look before heading outside. Tavia and Hollywood stand near our cars, as Tavia usually catches a ride to the party and now so is Hollywood. Octavia wraps her arms around Isaiah as soon as he's within reach.

"Can you two do that later?" Miles asks, interrupting their kiss, and Isaiah flips him off. "There's a lady here. I'm sure she doesn't want to see that." Miles points to Lia and I scoff.

"Lady? Sure," I sarcastically comment as I throw my gym bag into the truck.

"Fuck you, I'm very ladylike." Lia crosses her arms and glares at me.

"That's cute you think that." I tilt my head and she purses her lips in annoyance. "Enjoy the game?"

"I still prefer football." She smirks, and I roll my eyes. "Are we going?"