Home

Anna walked into the bedroom with a letter. "Elsa says they'll be returning in three days."

"That will be nice," Kristoff whispered as he stood by the window rocking the baby.

"She asks if the bishop will be available," she commented wrinkling her nose, "that's odd."

"What? Inga was set against the...matchmaking." Kristoff barely avoided raising his voice.

"Huh?" Anna looked confused. "No, no... Elizabeth's family is returning with them, as well as that young man's mother, you know, what's his name? The one who works for Corona's ambassador."

"Oh," Kristoff sighed in relief, bouncing a little more to settle the baby again. "That makes sense. You've had enough meetings now. What do you think of him?"

"I don't know," she mused. "He's very professional, which means he hardly talks, since I'm meeting with the Ambassador. There's something about him, though. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe I should have met him when he didn't have so much work to do."

Kristoff smiled. "He does take himself seriously. Perhaps we can convince the Ambassador to give him a week off and lend the cabin as something of a wedding present."

"How will His Excellency manage?" Anna laughed.

Inga leaned out over the front of the ship, trying to take deep breaths. She could still feel the motion in spite of the ginger candy that Elizabeth's mother had given her. It works wonders, she had assured Inga. It had helped her somewhat. She didn't feel absolutely sick, as long as she didn't try to actually do anything other than stare off into the distance. She saw something flutter in the corner of her vision.

"Aunt Elsa?" she asked without moving her head.

"Inga, how are you feeling?" her aunt answered, putting her hand on her shoulder.

"Better," she mumbled. "Did you tell Mother how miserable I've been?"

"I'll let you do that yourself," her aunt promised, "and if you're fine here, I'll leave you alone now."

Inga nodded as her aunt left, and felt just well enough to sit on a bench along the wall behind her, and dozed in and out. She thought of the conversation with Henry, and how his father had stayed in Arendelle while his mother traveled with her mother and aunt. But why had she never heard about any of that before? It made no sense. It may not have been the most exciting of trips, but Henry's father had found it worth sharing. Inga could hear the waves crashing, and occasionally hear people walking by, but wasn't always sure if she was awake or asleep.

"...and you can return to Arendelle now," Elsa was saying to someone as Inga began to be aware of her surroundings again.

"That's true, I suppose. Are you sure no one would find it... odd?" Inga heard Mrs. Nilsen ask, but she wasn't sure when she had joined her aunt up on the top deck.

"No, and I'll make sure Kai is aware of it..." Elsa began to assure her as they walked away, their voices fading into the sound of the waves crashing.

Inga sat up slowly and watched the two walk around the back of the ship. She thought about finding Elizabeth and her sisters, but decided to close her eyes first, and quickly dozed off again.

Anna sat back and drummed her fingers on the arm of her chair. She wasn't sure her presence was actually needed at this meeting. She would sign off on continuing the ongoing relationship with the Corona Navy that they were currently discussing. She had given up on getting any update on the new succession bill, especially since now she was "out of danger," as they liked to put it. She was sure that at some point in the next year or two one of the council members would propose a compromise measure of some sort that would satisfy no one completely but which she would end up signing for lack of any alternative.