55. Tormentor

Start bij het begin

"Yes," she slowly nodded her head and let out a sigh.

"Good enough for me to come?" he asked. He didn't want to force her too much.

"I think so," she smiled slightly and nodded again.

He sat on the bed again and kept the distance between them. He wanted her to initiate physical contact this time. Even though he ached for her touch. He was like a starving man with her, always yearning for the feeling of her plush skin on his own. She grabbed his hand and clasped it with her own, a little harsher than usual, but she wasn't trying to kill him, so it was a good sign. "You're not as limp as usual when you take them," he pointed out.

"Probably because you gave me less than I usually take," she said as she pulled herself closer to him and looked him in the eyes. He was calm as always and it wasn't annoying anymore. Her anger was gone, even though her body was acting well with no side effects. All she felt was love again and the need to kiss him. She linked their lips and slowly lapped with her tongue against his lower lip, making him open his mouth and allow her to explore it. He didn't mind her taking control. All he cared about was her wellness and happiness. He cupped her face and pulled her even closer, sending chills all over her body. Just like that she wanted him again. He wanted her as well. But their sweet moment got interrupted by Connie. He knocked on the door, causing both Sophie and Levi to growl in protest, yet they let him in as soon as they pulled away from each other. It wasn't a secret that they were together, but they didn't want people to watch their moments of closeness.

"What is it?" Levi asked. Connie blushed as he saw Sophie laying in the bed, still in her nightgown. He quickly averted his eyes, embarrassed of himself. "Oi, I'm talking to you brat,"

"S-sorry, I didn't know it was Sophie's room," he mumbled, which caused both Sophie and Levi to raise their eyebrows in amusement. These kids were so pure. "But I was looking for you, captain. Section Commander Hange wanted me to inform you that Eren's about to begin his training," he saluted and quickly retreated from their room.

"My last squad wasn't so fucking oblivious," Levi grunted and Sophie pulled him for one more hug. It was a hard topic and they never actually brought that up.

"Now I wish that Petra didn't decide to transfer to the Garrison," she tried to direct his thoughts to the person that was still alive. He appreciated it, especially since he knew that they didn't get along for the majority of time. He squeezed her hands before he stood up and left their room to see Eren's improvements or lack of them.

﹡﹡✹﹡﹡

They were all gathered at the top of the hill and watching Eren from a safe distance. Levi had his blades prepared just in case something went wrong. Sophie just joined him and Hange after her training. They were trusting her enough to know that she'll be fine doing it on her own. She proved that she was able to control her instincts now and that she was actually training better by herself. "How is he doing?" she asked.

"Better," Hange said.

"But still not good enough," Levi added, which caused both of them to roll their eyes. Of course, he was right, but they didn't want to discourage Eren and cause him to stop trying because of that. A few weeks ago he couldn't even harden his fists and now he was doing that at ease. Sophie felt similar with her training and mood. She couldn't control herself at all and now she didn't attack Levi despite her lack of drug and alcohol usage.

"You're so positive," Hange said sarcastically. "Eren! Let's finish for today," she yelled at him and he nodded before Mikasa approached him and helped him get out of his titan form.

They went back to the cottage they were currently living in and entered the dining room where Historia and Jean already placed food that they prepared. "If you weren't a righteous queen you could be a chef!" Sasha cried out as she put a massive portion of soup into her mouth, causing Levi to look at her with disgust.