3. New boss, same tasks

"You mentioned almost every Reginald's enemy that exists" Sophie sighed as boys made their list of names.

"So what you're trying to say is that we're fucked?" Furlan asked. He scratched his head in worry. He was both getting anxious because they had no idea for a source of income and because Levi was starting to get annoyed by Sophie again. Furlan just didn't want any tension in this house. He really hoped that living with a girl will bring extra peace to their lives, but as another hours were passing he was slowly getting used to the thought that it might turn the other way. Calm down Furlan, he scolded himself inside his head. It's just been hours, not even days nor a longer amount of time. Everything might change as we'll spend more time together.

"Not necessarily" she said as she narrowed her eyebrows. She was deep in her thoughts like if she was trying to remember something and it was a good call. She indeed tried to remind herself if there was anyone left whom Levi and Furlan didn't mention. Both boys noticed how she started digging her nails into her skin, her eyes somewhat unpresent.

"It was fun Soph, we should do this more often" Torren gasped as he was putting back his pants on. He turned around to take a glimpse at her devastated body. She was laying on the bed, desperately trying to hug herself in order to make herself more warm. There was no blanket nor sheet on the bed. He threw it away in order to prevent her from covering up. What was the point of the whole activity if he wasn't going to enjoy the sight of her body afterwards? She just wanted to take her clothes back on, but she wouldn't dare to do it as long as he was still in her room. He would beat the shit out of her if she would displease him like that. "In fact...what about another round, hm?" he said as he put his hand back on her thigh, making her whole body tense in distress. He laughed at it. He was enjoying her fear, that was the only factor that aroused this sick man. Much to her appreciation Torren got interrupted by one of his friends' voice outside the room.

"Torren hurry up! Leave that girl for later, we've got a job to do" man outside said.

"What kind of job?" Torren yelled back.

"Kicking Ben's workers. That idiot doesn't want to pay Reg protection money"

"Fine! I'm coming" he said and rubbed Sophie's thigh. "Schedule some time for me for tonight kitten, I will be in a mood for some good time" he smirked as he left her room. Tears that she was holding back the whole time finally streamed down her face.

"There is one man that you didn't make your enemy yet" Sophie spoke finally. She released the tension she was making on her skin and tried to ignore the pain she caused herself. Both Furlan and Levi didn't comment on it. For now. "His name is Ben. I don't know much about him, but he refused to pay tribute to Reginald"

"Just name is not enough" Levi pointed and Furlan had to agree with him. She sighed deeply, trying to remember more details even though it was involving remembering also other stuff, bad stuff that she would rather erase from her head. Her grandma would scold her for thinking this way.

"Don't you ever forget what you've been through even if it will be bad, nasty stuff. Your experience is what made you who you are. Without it you would lost yourself and you wouldn't remember how bad people can be. And you must always be aware of it. People tend to do bad things when they can. Knowing this will make you extra cautious with them" she used to say everytime Sophie experienced something terrible.

But did her grandma really mean that she needs to remember everything? She didn't want to. She wanted to beat her head against the wall or some hard furniture just to put this stuff away from her. As far away as it was possible and even beyond. But she just couldn't, no matter how much she tried. And there she was, bringing these memories up with her own will.