37. Painful vision

Começar do início

Too much, yet still not enough to stop being mad at Levi. She was taking those pills for him, just to talk with him normally. And he avoided her for the whole damned month. Making her take those drugs for nothing. She was greatly pissed. She could've spent her time with Erwin now. She wouldn't have to leave his side just to take a poison for another man. She was pathetic.

Pathetic, a word that Torren used to describe her whenever she put up a fight. Her whole body tensed as she reminded herself of those times in the Underground again. Times before she met Furlan and Levi. Before they kicked the asses of her oppressors.

"N-no, please..." Sophie cried out as Torren entered her room, with that smug smile on his face that spelled a doom for her. He just came back from another job done for Reginald.

"No?" he arched an eyebrow and smirked. "You're part of my prize for a well-done work kitten. Prizes don't have a word in this"

"P-please...let me go" she tried again as she quickly looked around the room, trying to find something to punch him with. He realised it, it wasn't the first time a woman was trying to deny him her body.

He grabbed her by her hand and pulled her strongly into his direction. She wanted to release herself, but wasn't strong enough. Even though she had a roof above her head, a place to sleep and an access to food, she still wasn't eating enough to stand a chance against him. Tears gathered in the corners of her eyes as she felt how his other hand tore down her skirt, exposing her. "I like how you fight it, just as if you really believed that you stand a chance against me" he chuckled close to her ear.

She felt how a single tear dropped down her cheek and she sobbed. Her body froze in place, just like it did later around that man. She was unable to move. All she could do was to watch those images of his body violating hers and she couldn't wipe those thoughts out of her head. She felt as helpless as she used to be before. She could almost feel all of his doings, her body still remembered it well, just as if it was rooted in her. She was disgusted with herself, with her body - damaged and claimed against her will.

Suddenly she wasn't a Scout, she wasn't in the safe headquarters of the Survey Corps. She was back in the Underground, she was reliving it, her present mixing with past, leading her straight to the void that seemed to be a trap without an exit sign. Oh, she wanted to end it. If only she could move.

Erwin was looking out for Sophie. The sky was already becoming dark when he realised that she didn't come by his office like she did everyday for this whole month At first he thought that it would be distracting, as he had a lot of work to do, but much to his surprise it wasn't bad. She wasn't forcing him to give her all of his attention like many women would in her shoes. No, she was enjoying sitting in silence that was only disturbed by the sound of his pen moving swiftly on paper. Sometimes she even rubbed his shoulders, trying to help him release the stress that was a permanent part of his job. When she didn't show up that evening he realised that he missed her company.

He left those files of papers he had to take care of just to find her. Something he didn't see himself doing at all. When he didn't spot her outside or in the canteen he went to her room. It was unusual for her to be there at this time of a day, but he didn't think it was something to worry about. Oh, how he was wrong. He realised it as soon as he entered her room and saw her laying limply on a bed, her eyes wide open and cheeks wet from tears. For a moment he thought that she was dead. His heart skipped a beat in terror, thinking how was it possible that one of his unit members died like this? But then he heard her quiet sob and he sighed with relief. She was alive, that was the most important thing. Whatever was happening to her he could deal with. He has seen a lot even before he became a commander. There was almost nothing that could surprise him. And she happened to be that rare case that caught him off guard.