He couldn't stand watching these two, even though he had a feeling that he was the one that was pushing them closer. He folded his blanket and put it back into his backpack. He just wanted to leave this place already. He got in line for his combat ration and took three more portions for his comrades - it was his way to apologize. He noticed that he had to do it a lot lately which wasn't good, but this girl kept on annoying him. How was he supposed to react otherwise? Should he slam her against the wall and-

No . He almost hissed in disapprobation to his own thoughts. Once again he was thinking of something that was forbidden for him. It was making him angrier and that feeling only kept on growing when he got back to them and saw Furlan. His first friend that now seemed like an enemy. No. No , he can't think of him like that. Besides, there was a true enemy in there that they had to take care of.

"Oi, get out four-eyes" he said to Hange while he gently kicked her on her leg. He didn't want to hurt her, he only wanted to make her leave them alone. "And take those things away with you" he pointed at the sack she had in hand.

"Oii, calm down. These are candies" she explained. "Do you want some?" she asked, but he only looked at her as if she had lost her mind.

"Yeah, Levi-bro! It's sweet. Have a taste" Isabel cried out and reached for another, but Levi put her on her hand.

"Eat breakfast first, brat" he scolded her and shoved a plate into her hands. She grimaced, but took the first portion of the meal to her mouth.

"Levi's right" Sophie encouraged her to eat more and she sighed but nodded. It was Sophie's way to apologize too, even though she didn't do anything wrong. But for some reason she had a feeling that it was what Levi needed. She wasn't wrong. He quickly gave her and Furlan the two other plates and sat next to them.

"I think we should kill Erwin here" he said bluntly, catching them off guard. "On this expedition. Use the opportunity, people will think he was eaten by a titan" he added.

"And that way he won't be able to use those documents anyway" Furlan said to which he nodded.

"It will finally be over. That's all" Levi said while looking at them and Furlan couldn't get rid of the impression that he didn't only mean their job. He felt like Levi also meant their friendship and he wasn't wrong about it. Even though it was painful for him he was only getting more positive about the fact that their relationship is destructive for him. He has feelings for Sophie and Sophie is with Furlan. That will only keep on hurting them all. The only person that he truly believed that was going to be in touch with him was Isabel, his little sister from different parents. Although who could be sure about things like that in the Underground? He didn't know his father after all.

"It will" Furlan confirmed, breaking something strong between them that was there for so long. Now it was gone, strings of mutual respect and admiration faded away, leaving them with a weird emptiness inside. Void that will be hard to fill. How can they fix the broken friendship? With another one? No, it's impossible. That void will be burning them with guilt for the rest of their life, but there was no other way and they didn't need to express it explicitly to know about it.

Their staring contest got interrupted by Erwin who appeared next to them. They were so consumed in their own thoughts that they didn't notice him at first. He had to say something to make them look at him and he had important news. "The 8th squad's state is not getting better" he started.

"And what are we supposed to do with this news?" Levi asked blankly.

"They had to go back, but we can't let them go alone. They need to be escorted by a few other members, so we're forming a protecting squad for them from the members of other squads" he explained.