Chapter 16: Break It Up

Start from the beginning

"I love you so much it hurts... But a DNA test really? Really August? What were the results?" He hung his head.

"She's mine." He mumbled but I still heard him.

"August she looks just like you and you guys even have the same birth mark. What would poses you to do some dumb shit like that?" I wiped my bloody knuckles on my jeans and felt them sting.

"I should've told you." He said with his voice cracking. I walked up to him and hugged his waist. He wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me close.

"August we need a break. Maybe a separation even.... I just can't deal with this, anymore." He nodded and I looked up at him. Tears rolled dish his face quickly. I kissed his lips and it felt like the last time for some reason.I pulled away slowly and let go of him.

"Sya please don't do this. I know I've done bad, horrible things, and hurt ya in mo' ways den one. B-but that's when I had problems wit drinkin a-and I go back ta the rehab tomorrow ta finish ma recovery fa 9 morr weeks. I'll do better. I swear ta God I will. Maybe not for us but for Alexandria. Jus-just Please don't leave me." He fell to his knees and grabbed my waist laying his head on my stomach. "I'll do right. I won't cheat no mo'. I promise. I need you!" He held onto me crying harder than I've ever seen him. I rubbed my fingers through his hair and pursed my lips to keep from breakin down my damn self.

"I'm never gonna leave you August, you're my best friend. I just... I just need a break. This is not healthy for us August, we could've killed each other." I wiped a falling tear that burned my face.

Chris told me everything August did from what he heard, but the DNA test is something that's gonna be hard to swallow.

"August if we're gonna work this out.... I'm not staying here. We have to see a therapist and your going to see a doctor to get a STD test. Fair enough?" He nodded.

"How do you already have a place to stay?" I helped him up and dusted his knees off. I swiped my hands together and thought of my words before I spoke.

"I had a feeling you were hiding something. So I took it upon myself to get a place to stay in case something like this happened. You keep forgetting I'm smart." He smiled and kissed me one last time .

"I love you Ru'Sya." I wiped the blood from his lip and stepped back.

"I love you too." I unlocked the car and sted off down the driveway. I looked at my rearview mirror to see August fall to the ground crying.

The gate opened and I took a deep breath and quickly wiped my tears away so they wouldn't blur my vision. I made it to the condo, breaking down with my head on the steering wheel.

I can't do this with him. I don't believe in divorce either. But I don't wanna give up on us. That's the second time i threatened him with divorce and separation in the past six months.

Nothing has changed.

I don't tell all the details between August's and I's relationishp because that would just make me relieve all the anger I felt. Hes mean as hell and I tolerate it. I know i can kill somebody with out a thought before hand.. But with August I can't seem to tell him how i feel. i know it's weird but i can't describe it.

i pulled down my overhead mirror and looked in the to see my bloody and bruised face. I grabbed a pair of sunglasses from my glove compartment and slid them on as gently as possible. I wiped most of the blood as I could with this old ass McDonald's napkin I found in there. taking my keys out the ignition, I grabbed my wallet and phone and walked as quickly as I could inside the building. I damn near ran to the elevator and took a breath. People looked at me with worried expressions but i just smiled at them. As soon as the elevator reached my floor I dipped out. I opened the door and pull my finger on the scanner. I clossed the door hearing the lock snap. I fell to the floor and cried.