Interview

The next morning, George woke to warm sunlight shining in his eyes and his phone vibrating against his arm. He blinked his eyelids open and picked up his phone, reading the time to be 9:45 AM. It was Saturday, so that was fine. He didn't have anywhere to be. George realized that his phone had been ringing because Dream was calling him. He pressed the green button and held it up to his ear.

"Hey, Dream," he said in his morning voice before yawning.

"Hey, George. You just woke up, too?" Dream's voice came from the other end of the line.

"Yeah, you woke me up," George answered, rubbing his eyes. "You're telling me you just woke up and immediately called me?" he asked with a smile.

"I mean, yeah," Dream said, then scoffed. "I guess I did. I was wondering if you wanted to do something today. I don't have any plans," Dream said. "We could go to a movie or something, or we could just hang out."

"Yeah, that sounds great. But I have an interview at one, so I'm going to have to stay in town," he answered.

"Oh, good. Where are you hoping to work?"

"I applied to work at Applebee's. They don't pay that well but I think I'd be good as a waiter," George answered.

"Yeah, I'm sure they'll tip you well," Dream said. "The girls will, at least."

"What do you mean?" George asked with a smirk.

"You know."

"No, I really don't."

"You just wanna hear me say it, don't you?" Dream asked with a grin in his voice.

"Say what?" George asked, then laughed.

"They'll tip you well because you're hot, that's what," Dream said. George laughed.

"Wow, thank you," he said, biting his lip.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll pick you up at ten?"

"Sure."

"Okay, cya then," Dream said, and George bid him goodbye before hanging up. He laid in bed with a small smile on his face for a few minutes before eventually getting up to get ready. When he walked into the kitchen he passed the letters on the table, and that sinking feeling returned to his stomach. He sighed and tried to focus on looking forward to spending time with Dream.

Ten minutes later, George was ready to go. Dream picked him up and they goofed around for a while before going to see a movie. They definitely didn't hold hands the whole time and have a make-out sesh in the bathroom half-way through.

By the time the movie was over, it was twelve fifteen and Dream brought George to his apartment so he could get ready for the interview. George put on his best suit and tie and combed his hair back. He thought it might've been a little unnecessary for an interview at Applebee's, but he didn't care - he needed the job.

Dream brought him to the office where he would be interviewed and gave him some words of encouragement. "Remember to smile, answer honestly, and don't be awkward. Don't plead for the job, but at the same don't act like you don't care. Also be respectful," Dream said as George was getting out of the car.

"Okay, thanks for the tips, mom," George said.

"Just keep it in mind," Dream said. George scoffed and waved goodbye.

"I will. I'll text you when I'm done," he said. Dream nodded and said goodbye before driving back towards his apartment. George took a deep breath and walked to the building, heart racing with anticipation. He was nervous. He hoped he did well.