Confusion

Dream stared at him like he was from a different universe. George knew? How did he know? Was he joking? He read his expression to try and figure out if he was joking, or guessing, or pretending, or calling him out, or judging him, or... maybe he was trying to figure out if George liked him back.

What's going on? We were just talking about girls and now George knows that I like him? Does he like me back? I'M SO CONFUSED.

"Er..." was all Dream could get out before George burst out laughing again.

"Oh my gosh, you are such an idiot!" He mused, wiping the tears from his eyes. "You should've seen your face."

Dream's heart was racing. His mind was spinning. So... George had been joking? Dream forced a smile on his face. "Yep, you got me! I have a crush on you, George."

George's laughter melted into a confused look. "Wait, you do?"

Red alarms seemed to be going off in Dream's head. His heart felt like it was shattering. RED ALERT! RED ALERT! ABORT! ABORT!

"No, of course not, idiot. I thought we were joking around," he lied. He knew his face was red. I gotta get out of here. I can't lose my friendship with him. If he finds out... well, he might not want to hang out with me anymore.

"Oh. Haha," George replied. Was that a tinge of disappointment in his voice? Or am I just delusional?

"Well, I do have something I should probably tell you. It's about my old girlfriend. Her name is Samantha," Dream began after a moment of them quietly sipping their coffee. George looked at him curiously.

"Alright."

Dream quietly took a deep breath before continuing. "She used to go to our school. She and I dated for a few months; almost a year. We were pretty happy together until she was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, BPD. After that, she turned cold to me and began spreading false rumors about me and my friends. The whole school practically turned against me until I proved the rumors weren't true by having Sapnap, Bad, and a few of my old friends and girlfriends vouch for me.

"Once I could prove my innocence everyone began turning on her. Nobody likes liars. So she decided to leave the school and move to a neighboring town about an hour away," Dream explained. George was a good listener; he sat still and quiet, hearing what Dream had to say. "The reason I'm telling you this is because she is visiting soon to check up with her old friends and re-visit her hometown. I only know because she DM'd me a few days ago asking if she could stay at my apartment," Dream said with a scoff of distaste. "Of course I said no," he added at George's look of disbelief.

"Look. I just wanted you to know because you and I are good friends now, and I don't want her to surprise or take advantage of you. Don't let her tell you that I hurt her; I would never have done that. She will surely try to turn you against me. It's just what she does. She wants revenge for something I never did," Dream explained. It hurt him to say this, but he wanted to tell George the truth; the whole truth.

"What kind of rumors did she spread about you?" George asked.

Dream sighed. "She said things like I abused her, and I was forcing her to be in a relationship with me. She also said that I raped her, which I found especially hurtful. But really, she was the one who was forcing me to stay with her. She always threatened to... well, she threatened to kill herself if I didn't stay with her and love her, no matter what she did to me," Dream replied. He lowered his head. That had been a dark time in his life.

"Geez, man. I'm sorry to hear that," George said. Dream looked at him. George's face was filled with understanding and remorse. He believed him.

"It's alright. I just wanted to let you know," Dream said.