An Unexpected Message

Dream drove him to Kwik Trip, but before he could get out of the car he stopped him. "Let's take a selfie," Dream said with a grin, and George gave him a confused look.

"Where's this coming from?" He asked.

"I just want to post it on Instagram. I usually do when I hang out with my friends," Dream explained, feeling his cheeks redden slightly at George's smile. He hoped George didn't think he was weird or cringey, but he only shrugged.

"Alright, fine," he agreed, and Dream took the picture.

"Great. When should I pick you up?"

"You don't have to, I only live a few minutes awa—"

"Just tell me when." Dream said with an easy smile.

George sighed in defeat. "2AM, smartass. Cya later," he said before closing the door. Dream grinned before heading home.

When Dream got home he plopped down on the couch and sighed before posting that image on Instagram, captioned "Hanging out with my new bff George, also got into a few fights over the past few days. Living the best life." Not even a minute later a comment from Sapnap popped up. "NEW BFF? What am I, chopped liver?" And another one from Bad, saying, "I think you need to get into another fight. That spot on your right cheek doesn't have a bruise or cut on it yet."

Dream smirked and put the phone down; but right as he set it face down on the couch, it buzzed. He picked it back up, looked at it, and found himself scowling. There on the screen was a message from none other than Sam, his ex. It read: "George, huh? Who's he? Pretty cute. Anyway, we need to have a talk."

Dream hesitantly clicked on the message and realized Sam had DM'd him. "Bet it's a surprise to get a message from me. We haven't talked for, what, four months?" She added.

What do you want, Sam? I know you didn't DM me just to say George is cute, Dream replied. Have you come to torment me like you did in the past?

"No, silly, I just wanted to tell you that I'm stopping by in a few days and I was wondering if I could stay at your house for a week. I don't have anywhere else to stay."

Dream scoffed out loud. Are you crazy? No way.

"Come on, it will be like the old times. I know you've missed me."

I said NO. I never want to see you again after what you did.

"What I DID? You NEVER treated me with the respect or love that I deserved."

Dream winced visibly. That's not true and you know it. You were my love, my best friend. And you betrayed me.

There was no response for a minute. Dream thought she was probably trying to figure out what to say. "Fine. Have it your way. But expect this next week of yours to be a LIVING HELL."

Dream stared at his phone for a long while after that. What just happened? Did she really have the nerve to ask to stay with him, after all she put him through? The thought made him scowl. Dream laid back on the couch and sighed. If Sam meant what she said, then this next week really would be a living hell.

Dream sat beside George in the back of the lecture room, biting his tongue to keep from laughing. The two had been joking around and snickering all day. Four days had passed since Sam's unexpected message, and since then nothing had happened. Dream hadn't told anyone about it, not even Sapnap. He hoped Sam had been lying when she said she was coming to visit.

Dream rolled up a piece of paper into a ball and threw it at George, who had his head turned to other way. The piece of paper bounced off of his ear and landed in his lap. George picked it up and chucked it right back, hitting Dream in the eye. Dream would have burst out laughing if he hadn't clapped his hand over his mouth and closed his eyes, knowing that if he looked at George he would surely make a scene.