Making it Official

George washed his face and ran his damp fingers through his hair a few times, fluffing it up and refreshing himself a bit. He also found some mouthwash under the sink, so he used that as a substitute for brushing, as his toothbrush was at home. George then left the bathroom, feeling better, and walked into the living room. Dream was sitting on the couch facing Karl and Sapnap, who both had shocked expressions on their faces. George guessed he was telling them about what happened last night.

As George walked over, all three turned to him. Sapnap stood up. "You almost got kidnapped last night?" He asked.

"And you didn't call us?" Karl added, sounding a little betrayed.

"Sorry. I didn't exactly think of it in the heat of the moment," George answered with a shrug.

"And what's that bandage on your neck?" Sapnap asked.

"Well, the guy had a knife at my throat, and it cut me a little," George answered simply. Sapnap and Karl looked dumbfounded, so George explained everything that happened from the beginning. While he was talking, Dream walked into the kitchen and grabbed a couple of bagels from the pantry before popping them in the toaster.

Once George was finished re-telling the story, he paused to let Sapnap and Karl take in the news.

"Geez, that's horrible," Karl said after a moment. "I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been traumatic."

"Yeah, well, let's just say I won't be entering another Kwik Trip for a while," George said to put it simply.

"The guy's name was Harold?" Sapnap asked.

"Yeah."

"Ha, what a loser," he laughed. "Sucks to suck."

"Is it really worse than Nick, though?" Dream teased from the kitchen.

"Shut up, mister Clay over there," Sapnap shot back. Instantly after saying it he looked guiltily at George. "Oh," he said, "I hope I didn't just ruin the mystery."

"Ha, nope. I know Dream's name," George said with a small smile.

"Oh?" Karl said with a grin, looking from George to Dream to Sapnap. "Hear that, Sapnap? He already knew Dream's real name," he said.

"Is it official then?" Sapnap asked, pointing at George then Dream. "Are you two dating yet?"

George smirked as Dream walked back over, carrying two plates with a bagel on each of them. He handed one to George and sat down himself to eat. "Mm, yes," Dream said with a glance at George, who was nodding as well.

"Let's go!" Sapnap exclaimed, and high-fived Karl. "I told you!" He said, pointing at Dream, who was busying himself with picking the sesame seeds off of the bagel. "Did I not tell you?"

"You did, Sapnap. Calm yourself," Karl said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Also, why aren't you eating those waffles I bought for you?" Sapnap asked. "They're in your room," he added.

"Maybe I will tomorrow," Dream replied.

"They'll be gone by tomorrow."

"Eh, whatever."

"So what was the deciding factor?" Karl asked. "Why'd you start dating? Being 'friends' just wasn't enough?"

"Well," George said, exchanging a look with Dream, "nothing really "decided" it. We just work really well together. I always sorta had feelings for him, so when we told each other about it, we figured dating would be the next step," he answered thoughtfully.