Totally Not Romantic

Dream got to his apartment and parked in his usual spot before heading up to his room. Sapnap and Karl were sitting together on the couch when he opened the door. Dream glanced at the TV and saw that they were watching Squid Game.

"Where's George?" Sapnap asked.

"At his apartment, duh," Dream replied.

"Wow, that's a surprise. You guys have been inseparable lately," Karl commented. Dream walked over to the fridge and grabbed himself a Coke.

"True that," Sapnap agreed.

"So?" Dream asked.

"It's cute, don't get me wrong, but come on, bud. You gotta spare some time for your old pal Sapnap," Sapnap replied, batting his eyes in mock sadness.

"Whatever, Sapnap. You've got Karl to hang out with," Dream pointed out.

"Yeah, but I get sick of him sometimes," Sapnap said with distaste.

"Hey!" Karl exclaimed indignantly, and hit him in the face with a pillow. Sapnap laughed.

"I'm joking!"

"You'd die without me," Karl stated.

"Yeah, you know I would," Sapnap agreed.

"You two sicken me," Dream scoffed.

"Says you, loverboy! By the way, are you going to the party Tommy is hosting? It's gonna be lit," Sapnap replied. "If you are going, who are you going with?"

"Uh," Dream said as he cracked open his soda, "I wasn't sure if I was gonna go, actually. But if I did it would probably be with--"

"George?" Sapnap and Karl both guessed at once. Dream fixed them with a stare before turning and walking to the bathroom, leaving them laughing and high-fiving each other. Dream set himself up with a shower and stepped under the hot water, scrubbing himself clean and carefully avoiding the healing wounds on his face. The bruises had subsided, but his lip was not fully healed yet and there were a couple of cuts on his cheek that were still scabbing. His formerly-broken nose was out of the cast but still hurt whenever he inhaled too sharply.

When he was done he threw on a white t-shirt and black sweatpants and flopped down on his bed, going on his phone for a while. He eventually received a message from Sam on instagram and hesitantly opened it.

"Listen, Dream. I'm sorry about my girls. I didn't mean for them to chase you off like that. Actually I was there today to tell you that... I miss you."

Dream read the message with a frown of confusion.

Cap. He typed back.

"I miss our late night talks, and our weekend road trips. I miss your strong hands running through my hair. I want to look into your eyes again." She continued. Dream stared at the message. What was she talking about? An hour ago, she was trying to convince George about how bad of a person he was - and now she wanted to get back together?

I don't know what you're playing at, Sam, but I'm not falling for it. You're a deceiving bitch and I don't know what you want from me. You ruined my life.

"I swear I've changed! I'm so sorry I hurt you, but that was when I was first diagnosed with BPD. I'm on special medication now and I've realized that... I love you. And I miss you. I want you back." She typed. Dream didn't know what to say. "No, I don't love you,"? He had no interest in getting back together with her.

I'm sorry, Sam, but I've moved on. I'm interested in someone else now.

A bit of silence.