An Embarrassing Encounter

The next morning George woke to his phone ringing. He blinked open his eyes and groaned, realizing he had slept with the light on in his room. After he returned last night he must have been too tired to remember to turn off the light. My electric bill is going to be through the roof, he thought with a grimace. He picked up his phone and was glad to see he had woken up on time, and would not be late to his first class. But when he looked closer at his phone he realized the reason he had woken was because Dream called him. George picked up the phone and held it to his ear.

"Hey, Dream, what's up?" George asked, holding back a yawn.

"Oh- hey. I just wanted to make sure you didn't oversleep. I know we got back late last night, and you've had a tendency to sleep in," Dream replied, humor in his voice. "Did I wake you?" He asked.

"Oh, no. I was already awake," George replied, feeling self-conscious that Dream had already picked up on his sleeping habits. But George's body betrayed him and he suddenly got the unbearable urge to yawn. He tried to be silent, but the phone obviously picked up on it as Dream scoffed.

"Ahuh, I'm sure you were. Anyway, do you want me to pick you up in a few minutes to get some coffee before school? I'm pretty sleepy myself," Dream asked. George smiled.

"I have my own car for a reason," he joked. "But yes, I would appreciate that." He added.

"Okay, I'll be there in five."

"I'll be ready." George hung up and jumped out of bed, suddenly feeling more energetic than he had in months. He brushed his teeth, combed his hair, picked out his outfit for the day, and packed his backpack, this time remembering a pencil. He was done by the time there was a knock on his door, and he looked through the peephole to see Dream standing there, looking striking as always. George opened the door and grinned.

"Hey," he said as he stepped out and locked the door behind him. Dream replied his greeting and they began walking down the hall, making it quickly to the car.

They stopped for coffee on the way to school, chatting easily along the way. George found he enjoyed Dream's company more and more with every passing minute. He was charming, smart, and outgoing – traits George enjoyed. They soon made it to the school and went to their first class together.

George sat beside Dream in the back of the room, and glanced up, surprised, as Sapnap approached, carrying his books with a grin. "Hey guys, how was your date last night?" he asked as he sat on the other side of George.

"Date?" George asked, surprised.

"What?" Dream said at the same time.

"Oh, come on now. I see how you guys look at each other," he laughed.

"You've got the wrong idea," Dream said with a snicker.

"Yeah," George agreed.

"Yeah, sure. Anyway I'm in this class with you two. Happy to see me?" He asked innocently, and Dream rolled his eyes.

"Not at all," Dream said. George hushed them as the professor stood from her chair behind the desk and the final bell rang, signaling the beginning of the lecture. It was an English lecture, so George was sort of nervous. He hadn't had much time to study up on his English after he moved here from London.

The class began and already George noticed a group of kids sitting in the corner, staring at him and scowling while snickering. The professor called him out and he was forced to speak in front of the class, more self-conscious about his accent now than ever. The kids – two girls and three guys – laughed at him every time he didn't know how to pronounce something right, or whenever he answered something incorrectly. But for some reason the professor kept on grilling him, even though she knew he wasn't originally from America.