20

(This chapter is inspired by the song 'Marry your daughter' by Brian McKnight)

Harry's POV

Erica's family got too angry.

I knew they were kind of orthodox but I never expected this reaction.

They were looking at her with disgust. My girl was timidly standing with me with her eyes glued to the floor, trying not to spill any tear in front of them.

I was trying hard not to shout at anybody but the looks that they were giving to us, was making it so hard for me to control. I don't care about the angry stares towards me but I care about Eri. The disgusted stares that she was getting were making me so damn angry.

"This is what you were doing in London", her grandmother shouted. "I had already told you not to send her there. See, what has happened"

She stopped for a while, eyeing me up and down. She scoffed and said, "Brought a foreigner with herself. Now, you will not go back to London". Erica's head shot up and her eyes were wide. "You will live here with us and get married to whoever person we ask you to".

"You can't do this to me", Erica said but her voice cracking. I knew she was not going to last long. I put my hand on her back to support her but I guess the situation was too much.

"I love Harry. I will marry him and only him. You have no right to take this decision for me".

"Shut up Erica", her father shouted. "You don't get to speak after you have done such a shameful act. Love marriage?? Really Erica?? And you love him?? A foreigner. He is so different from us. He is from a different country. He has a different religion. This is not what I have taught you". He sighed and said, "You are not going back to London and that's final".

"No!! I am going with Harry. We love each other. Dad, he treats me nicely. I don't care if he is from a different country or he has a different religion. The only thing is matters is that he cares about me and I can't live without him. Please dad", she shouted back.

Then, something unexpected happened.

Her father raised his fucking hand on her. Erica's eyes closed her eyes in fear. His hand was about to hit her but I caught his hand in mid-air.

"How dare you!!", he shouted.

"I should say this. How dare you try to hit her", I muttered and jerked his hand away. This was the fucking limit. I still tried to hold my composure but I knew it has crossed the boundary of my patience.

"You call yourself her father when you can't respect her choices. Your daughter loves me and I love her. She is happy with me and I am happy with her. Why are you trying to destroy her happiness??".

Everyone was silent. Just listening to my outburst.

"Sir, I want to marry your daughter and make her my wife. She will be the only girl that I love for the rest of my life. I am gonna give her my best till the day I die. I want to marry your princess and make her my queen. I want to see her in the white gown and walk down the aisle on your arm. Please sir, I love her very much. I know I haven't proposed her yet but I will do that soon. I know she is the one for me and I will do anything that makes us happy. I will keep her happy, I promise".

Erica's grandmother stood speechless and her father just huffed. Erica tugged at my hand to calm me down. When I turned to look at her, I saw tears in her eyes. I was so overwhelmed. I wiped away her tears and kissed her cheek.

"Do whatever you feel like but remember my words, you will regret your decision", her father muttered.

"Believe me sir, I will never do such thing which would make Erica regret her decision to be with me. This will be the best decision of her life", I fought back.

Her father shook his head and exited the room with her grandmother.

"I believe you", her mother said. "Keep her safe and happy always".

Her mother cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

I was shocked at first but nevertheless gave her a hug.

"Welcome to our family jiju", Erica's sister, Genelia cooed.

Erica giggled.

"Jiju??", I asked being confused.

"Sister's spouse is called Jiju in India", Erica said and blushed furiously.

I chuckled and hugged Genelia.

Erica said her goodbyes to her mother and sister. After that we came back to our hotel. The whole ride was silent but we were holding hands throughout the drive.

Even though her father and grandmother were not happy with our relationship but I guess they will come around and accept us.

I know it hurts Erica to see her family like this but as I always say I am with her no matter what. Through light, through dark. Through happiness, through grief.

We will always be together.