[27] Final act

Two days later

Waking up in pain was something you weren't expecting. You looked around the room you were in and stared up at the ceiling confused.

"Y/N! You're awake! You— fuck, you really scared me I thought you weren't going to wake up." There was Thoma's face in your line of vision, frowning down on you but he quickly smiled at you.

"What the hell happened?"

He sat back down on the bed you were occupying and held your hand, "you were out for two days. Baal had stabbed you and after that, Yae took things from there and kind of threw everyone out. She was pretty upset you got hurt by Baal."

You frowned and held his hand tight. Two days you were out? You looked down to see you had been wrapped up around your chest for coverage and stomach. "What happened to Baal then? Did Yae tell you what she did...?"

He shook his head but he took a breath in, "according to her, Scaramouche stayed behind for a day and told us that he killed her. We asked why but he said it was personal reasons and we let it go."

Thoma was scanning your face and noticed the frown you had. You looked to see him looking at you and you shook your head, "I'm okay don't worry, whatever happened WASNT your fault I know you're blaming yourself right now." You squeezed his hand to reassure him.

"How could I not? I thought I had lost you when Baal stabbed you, it happened too quickly..." You felt him trembling and you sat up, bringing yourself closer to him slowly to not hurt yourself.

You brought his head down to your shoulder and ran your fingers up and down his back—humming a song you and him grew up with. He wrapped an arm around you and hid his face from your view.

He was silently crying as you felt the dampness on your bare shoulder. His crying went on for a couple more minutes and with you still calming him down, whispering softly that thing's are better now.

"Better?" He lifted his face up to meet your eyes and he nodded, "this place we're at right now.. is it our house?" You whispered and he nodded happily, wiping away the tears.

"I've been the one taking care of you after the accident. Everyone has come by to check up on you, I'll let them know you're awake now!" He gets up and gives you a kiss on your forehead.

You smiled and laid back down and stared at the ceiling again, slowly becoming sleepy again.

____

"Be quiet, you're going to wake them up."

"You be quiet, you're eating too loud."

A mixture of loud whispers and muffled eating was heard close to you and you slowly woke up. "See? Now she's awake." You saw that it was Sara scolding Thoma and you quietly laughed.

"Pretty funny to wake up to you bickering." Thoma turns to you and wipes his mouth, eating quickly to apologize for waking you up.

"Sorry sweetheart, this woman over here wouldn't stop pestering me to see you. I told her that you went back to sleep." He turns to Sara and kicked her leg as she scoffs and hits him in the head.