[14] Blue hour

A sudden warmth to your shoulder jolt you up awake and looking at back at cerulean eyes staring at you.

"Wake up and get ready, we're leaving." He whispers quietly and going towards his closet to take out clothes.

Your vision was blurry from sleep but you nodded compliantly. The sudden cold air hitting your legs once you got out of bed, draping the covers around you as you walked towards Dainsleif.

"Why are we leaving?" You mumbled, rubbing your eyes—a yawn leaving your mouth.

He didn't look at you but instead went ahead to take off his clothes in front of you, "Scaramouche informed me that Thoma is asleep, we don't have enough time. I'll tell you later."

That raised questions in mind but you can wait just a bit.

Dainsleif gave you fresh clothes after he got done dressing himself up. You fumbled with the clothing and quickly replaced them with the ones you had on, not caring he was around.

"Okay, now what?"

"Now we leave. I already pack up our traveling bags, now put your fox ears to use for both our sakes." He turned to look at you—handing your bag to you.

You nodded and took the bag from his hands and followed him outside. Being on alert and making sure there weren't any footsteps or any sounds besides the two of you to keep you both going.

No one was around and luckily for you that was good. Dainsleif was in front of you while you trailed behind still on alert, ears twitching when you picked up noise.

"Stop." Reaching out to Dainsleif's arm to stop him in his tracks quickly, bringing your finger up to your lips to let him know to stay quiet.

The blonde stayed still watching you intently and looking around the surroundings. You had your eyes closed to keep focus and when the noise picked up, your hand tightened on his shirt.

He took notice of that and his attention was on your hand. The sound of footsteps came through and you snapped your attention towards the direction—seeing someone come into view.

You sighed in relief when it was Scaramouche, although you were still weary of the harbinger.

"Came to say goodbye," he walked closer to the both of you, keeping a distance. "He's still heavily knocked out on sleep so I came by."

Dainsleif nodded and approached him, handing him a paper.

"It's a thanks. I'll let you know when we find more info on the situation." The harbinger huffed crossing his arms. "Just be patient like always, surely you'll get what you been needing."

"Very well then also," Scaramouche turns towards to face you, "this one is yours, just to make up what I did back in the forest." He handed you a box and inside was a necklace.

You looked up at him in awe but you were confused. He must've noticed your confusion and rolled his eyes.

"It's an accessory to notify us." Motioning to himself and Dainsleif, "Ayato and Sara have their own too."

The harbinger went up to you, pressing down at the stone that's in the middle of the necklace, your element sign symbol on it. It lit up and a sound from both Dainsleif and Scaramouche.

"Pretty tech savvy." Your friend looked down at the ring on his finger. Scaramouche had his on his sleeve.

The harbinger announced his goodbyes to you two and left without looking back. You turned to Dainsleif and chatted about the accessories you both have.