[16] Changes

A few days passed since the passing of Teppei. Everyone mourned and stayed close by Gorou and Kokomi, wanting to help cheer them up or do anything to help around with extra effort.

Few others besides Teppei who had the same condition as him, had either passed or managed to push through. Though the ones who did manage to stay, died a day after.

You also remembered the day Thoma was holding a delusion. It was troublesome to figure out when but it didn't take too long when, you did, it was the day he came to visit after the encounter with Scaramouche.

It happened quick, but you did something see something in his hand when he waved to you before leaving. You thought nothing of it then until now.

That brings you back to now. You were sitting in front of Kokomi and Gorou while Dainsleif had slid in next to you, placing a bowl of food in front of you.

You silently thanked him and he chatted with the two in front of you.

Kokomi had her eyes on you noticing you were, rather upset. It was kind of true. The impact Teppei had on you was quick, you didn't spend lot of time with the man, but the final day with him was rather hard.

The blonde kept looking glancing at you but before he had the chance to, Kokomi beat him to it to drag you away from your thoughts.

"Y/N, wanna come with me and help me out with a few things?" You looked up from your bowl, seeing her smile made you nod.

She held her hand out and you took it, leaving both the men alone at the table.

You didn't know what to say but the presence with being with the priestess made you feel relaxed. The two of you made way to her place, walking in and sitting down on a chair that was shaped as a seashell.

Her place was very sea life like. Whites, salmon pink and baby blue covered her furniture and walls, the whole place looked fantasy like; it was beautiful. Complimented her a lot.

Kokomi was amused at you looking around her home. She went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of wine and called you over.

You paused when you saw the bottle that sat on the table, you tilted your head confused.

"What's with the wine bottle?" You nervously laughed, while she smiled.

"You seem like you could use some. Do you drink?"

You shook your head and took a seat, "not particularly, but I guess now wouldn't hurt."

She poured out a glass for you while she had a glass of water. The two of you talked about the future and what you want to see happen and make it work. Lot of laughter filled the air and everything felt good.

Despite what happened you were slowly letting yourself go just a bit. Everything was slowly going down hill but now, in the moment, you just wanted to feel happy for now.

Kokomi was like a sister to you. She was very kind hearted and was very passionate about her people and the war, she wants things to go right but she knows she would have to be patient.

Hours passed and there was a knock on the door. Kokomi was laughing a bit now that she was slightly tipsy, you on the other hand was to the drunken point.

The priestess made her way over and opened the door, a big smile caressing her face when Gorou stepped in and after came Dainsleif.

He took in immediate focus when he noticed you and walked over, "are you drunk?" you didn't answer as you held in a laugh.

At that, Kokomi herself began laughing again and her cheeks were lightly flushed pink. Gorou rolled his eyes and placed his hands on his hips.

"Both of them are." Gorou groaned and placed his hands on the priestess shoulders, helping her move to sit her down on the couch near the door.

Dainsleif watched and returned his attention on you. You were laughing and holding your stomach as it was aching now, looking at Kokomi from across the room and locking eyes with her.

For a few seconds everything was quiet until you and Kokomi guffawed at each other.

Both the men were unimpressed but couldn't help but smile. It was a good sign you two were having fun after the sad events.

Dainsleif sat down next to you and wrapped an arm around you—sinking yourself in to his side clutching his shirt, trying to stifle your laughs.

It took a while for everything to calm down and you wiped away the tears from your eyes. When you looked up to see Dain, he was already looking down at you, not amused.

"Alright funs over, let's get you to sleep now." He got off the chair, picking you up bridal style and you shouted a goodbye to your two friends excitedly.

The walk was quiet. The only the sounds of the blondes footsteps on the ground made it less awkward

By the time you got to your temporary house and Dainsleif unlocked the front door, he stepped in, taking his shoes off by the door.

He went to the door to your room and carefully (not really) put you down on your bed.

The room was dark and you were still energetic from the wine. He left the room without a word closing the door and for a few minutes you were alone.

Somewhat feeling sleepy, the room to your door opened and cerulean eyes were on you.

"Here, drink this." He handed you a glasses of water and medicine to help you feel well. Better safe than sorry.

You drank some water and took in the medicine.

He was about to leave when you pulled him back. "Stay with me...please?" Quietly murmuring, looking away from him.

Dainsleif was contemplating. He wanted to just leave you and sleep but when you looked back at him, he couldn't say no.

"Sure."

You scooted more to your side closer to the wall so he could have space. He sat down and took off his jacket and placed it on the dresser nearby, and laid over the blankets.

Underneath your blankets, it was getting rather warm but you couldn't kick them off since the Dain was over them, slowly dosing off.

You tried sleeping and overtime you drifted off to sleep.

A few hours passed and you woke up to the bed shifting. You turned to your other side to see the blonde sitting, hunched over with his hands in his face.

He hasn't noticed that you were awake yet but you slowly reached out. You made your hand known for him to not get startled, placing it on his knee.

Dainsleif looked down and turned around to face you, your face already with a gentle smile.

"A nightmare?"

"Yeah, been a while. I'll be fine, go back to sleep." He held your face in one hand gently caressing it—you already leaning in for comfort.

You nodded and laid back down. After sometime he did as well and you wrapped your arms around him, he tensed up but he slowly eased himself.

Whenever a nightmare happened for him, it would get bad sometimes. This time it was just a simple nightmare, no yelling or him hyperventilating.

But this one felt too real. And he had a bad feeling about it.

__

a somewhat chill chapter until chaos happens 👍🏻