[22] Secrets out

Few days later...

News spread quickly about your fathers return to the city. Even his clan spoke up about it, claiming that they knew nothing of what he was doing behind the scenes.

Luckily, Sara and yourself had all paperwork ready just incase his clan had tried to come out and play innocent. Yae Miko even lend out a hand to be the one speaking about the matter and everyone was angry at your fathers clan.

The head of the clan was exiled. For covering up any evidence of the abuse your father has done to your mother, and later to other women and children, during the time you were no longer in the clan.

The rest were put into prison.

After everything had gone down and your fathers clan were no longer and everything was out now, you went to the shrine with Sara.

"I'm so glad you're okay, feels like forever since I've really hanged out with you." Sara nudges you with her elbow as you both walked inside the shrine.

There, you were greeted by Yae Miko and had a long chat about victorious today was.

"Ladies, I am so glad you have helped with exposing the truth about the clan. It put a tremendous amount of relief on me, to know the people could see how cruel they really were."

Both of you nodded giving her a smile, reaching out to grab a hand to squeeze assuringly.

"Wouldn't have happened if it weren't for you honestly! You knew more than us, all we did was piece everything together."

Yae Miko gave a laugh, shaking her head at you both. "Surely not, please don't give me all credit. You and your friends, especially Ayato and his sister but of course, the clan have been a great help." She's really too kind, she's like a mother figure..

The day went on and Sara had to report back to the clan and as for you, you were back as well and when you walked inside your shared room, he was there.

He turned to you and you swore, everything about him is calming to you. He just has this aura around him that is soothing.

Ayato walked over and took you in for a hug, which you have returned.

"I am so glad you are okay and doing well." He pulls away slowly and smiles. "Even though it may seem disrespectful of me as a clan head, I am glad to hear your father's is no longer."

You squeezed his hand as you held it, "thank you. Honestly, without your help I probably wouldn't have gone in this journey to find out more about myself had I not have the chance to explore."

Referring to the day Ayato and his sister had left and left you in Thoma's care, you really did have exciting times.

"No need to thank me, y/n. When Yae Miko reached out that day, I went on the search for your father too but nothing came up. All the paperwork you gave and Yae read about today, was founded by me and Ayaka."

He explains that he had his eyes on your father for quite a while—had to dig in for suspicions behind the clan. Ayato was pretty shocked about everything he found, he barely got through all because god forbids anything like that ever happens again.

You really were grateful for everyone and everything that has happened for the past months—close to becoming a year already. Pretty shocking.

When you both got rid of everything that was weighing on your minds about the recent events, the question you were half expecting came up.

"Since everything is almost getting cleared up, when would you want to separate? There is no hard feelings since it was to protect you from getting harmed again if you were brought back to your fathers clan."

He brought you over to the bed and held you close to him. It was comforting to say the least, even when you were kind of panicking inside by the question.

"I- I'm not sure... shouldn't we wait till everything is cleared up in Inazuma? We still need to talk with Baal." You felt unsure and slightly guilty about having a divorce, even if there's no hard feelings.

Ayato had helped in ways and was very kind to you from the very beginning—it would just feel wrong in a way.

Then there was the thing with Thoma. Whom you have... feelings for, but you're not sure if they would be reciprocated even if he may feel something for you.

"If you wish to wait, I'm okay with that just to take precautions."

There is just one thing you want to get off your chest.

"Umm.. Ayato?"

"Yes?"

Your voice got smaller when you proceeded, "is it okay to like Thoma..?" You squeezed your eyes shut, waiting for an answer.

He then gave a boisterous laugh.

"Of course! I'm sorry for the laugh, I'm just surprised you finally said it." He wiped away from his eyes, then he looked at you noticing your mouth was open in shock.

"Finally? What do you mean by that?"

"Means that you finally acknowledged your feelings for him. Everyone in our group, knew about you two and the tension between you guys."

And that made your mouth drop wider to where it started hurting, eyes widening.

"Everyone knew!? Like, everyone who was in this mission with us?" And oh fuck... Dainsleif!

"Yes.. is that, was that not okay?" He quirked a brow at you confused by your behavior.

"I think I have another talk to make with someone else.." Ayato then furrowed his brows and took a second to realize what that meant.

You got up quick—walking to the door and when you did, the man you were just thinking of was here; his cerulean eyes were focused on you.

"There's no need to talk about it. I already knew."

___

well.. 🧍