[21] Finally

You waited till night fell and everyone was asleep.

Yuji was asleep next to Dainsleif in a different room, surprisingly he even let him near him like that but the scene looked adorable. With Thoma, he was just now getting to bed or so he says.

The boat docked two hours ago and you all were in a rented house. Your father was sent to prison soon as you got to Inazuma, and taken away by Sara and her men. You'll see him the next morning to have another chat.

So now, it was just you and Thoma, alone, in the room upstairs of the rented house.

"So... lot of things have happened to us huh? Who would've thought we met when we were babies?" Thoma laughed as he walked to the corner of the room, sitting down on the bed.

Your back was to the wall facing the bed, arms crossed as you looked at Thoma. "Right? Never thought our lives come to this... chaotic, and all because of a selfish old man." You scoffed, shaking your head but a smile arose your face.

"Hey hey, look at me. We going to get through whatever this bullshit of a mess this is and we'll be back to what we—"

"Don't you understand? You're dying Thoma!" you paused, inhaling deep and exhaling, "that stupid mark my rotten father had put on you is fading and I'm pretty sure it's due to you NOT killing me!"

You were raising your voice and throwing your hands around. You were mad. Mad at your father, mad at yourself and mad at Thoma. It wasn't fair, you knew that but he was.. dying.

It made you realize not that long ago that, Thoma has always held a very special place in your heart, whether you had moments with Dainsleif.

Thoma was there from the beginning and he's been with you through it all till now.

Biting down on your lip and hissing, you closed your eyes—sliding down the wall and bringing your knees up to your chest. "I just... I don't want you to die." You softly said, hiding your face with your arms.

The sound of the bed creaking and footsteps echoing inside the room alerted you that Thoma had moved. Your fox ears drooped down and you felt the warmth of his hands on them, petting them.

"Hey... don't talk like that. I know what's happening is dangerous but, that doesn't mean I'm completely done for? I'm here with you, let us live in the moment hm?" He whispered—running his fingers through your hair and smoothing over your ears.

You finally looked up at him with tears blurring your eyes, "Thoma..." your lip was wobbly, and he shushed you, putting your head against his shoulder.

He leaned back against the wall and he grabbed your free hand, holding it and giving it a squeeze as he stared off at the distance.

Minutes passed and felt like eternity till Thoma spoke again. "I won't die, not easily y'know." He quietly laughed and you did as well.

In that moment all you could feel between each other was the tension. There was something there and you knew, he could feel it.

The way he would look at you or the ways he HAS been ever since you met up once again.

Thoma was looking at you, something filled with yearning? longing and even... worry? You didn't know for sure. All you knew was that you wanted him here with you, to stay by your side.

He was about to scoot in and lean in close to you, searching for something—taking a short glance to your lips but, he pulled away slowly, swallowing down whatever he was feeling. Not yet.

"Come on, we should rest before we go visit my father later in the morning." He muttered and pulled you up with him, leading you to the bed.

Then both of you fell asleep quickly surprisingly, facing each other.

__

Morning came fast and you were not ready once again to see your father. Thoma and you said goodbyes to Dain and Yuji before leaving.

The walk to the prison was 15 minutes from the house and you met up with Sara at the front gates.

"How is he?" You asked once you were allowed inside along with Thoma.

"Can see why you don't like him." She snorts softly and straighten up as she caught Thoma laughing.

You bumped his arm with your elbow and glared at him.

When Sara stopped you looked at saw that your father was sitting down near the old rusty used bed, looking down at the floor.

"You got visitors." And with that she left you two with the man.

Your father looked up and scoffed. "See that Thoma is still alive after noticing his mark is fading away. Certainly has lasted longer than your mother had." He laughed but coughed afterwards.

That made your ears twitch, "are you saying that you put a curse mark on mother too? She died of a illness and because of a curse you marked her with? You're fucking sick."

You could see him clench his jaws and you bit out word after word about your mother—huffing out and rolling his eyes.

"Enough about her brat, you will learn everything after we're done here anyways. Your people have taken away all my belongings from Mondstadt early this morning."

Thank the archons for Sara and the clan for that.

"Is there a way to prevent it from fading or take it away?" Thoma spoke up, very professional and straight to the point.

"Yes. If you kill her it will be removed." He said as he pointed at you with a wide grin.

"Don't play games with me sir. I don't have the time to play along, is there a way to stop the mark or not?"

"Ugh fine! Yes, there is a way to stop it. But i haven't seen her in a very long time." He groans, throwing his head back against the rusting metal of the bed.

"Who are you referring to?"

At this point it could be anyone to who he was talking about.

"Yae Miko. She can help take the mark off."

You tilted your head confused, and your brows furrowed. Then, he continued,

"Wanna know how I know? It's because your pathetic mother had the mark, because I heard about that she died. That it was from the illness AND the mark she had. I also just didn't want her leaving my clan."

So the reason your mother died was because of the illness she had from who knows when but also, from the mark your father placed on her—probably before Yae took mother away from the clan.

You closed your eyes inhaling deep and exhaled, trying to keep it together.

"Okay, think that's all we needed."

He was out your life for good now. He's locked up and can't get near anyone now, or harm anyone anymore. The only person you needed to confront about everything else was Baal, and the one person you haven't met in so long.

For now, you would need to ask Yae for help to remove the mark that's on Thoma and HOPE it'll work, amongst other things.

___

the kamisato twins will appear again soon! & other appearances!

but prepare for a talk with ayato 🥲