[9] Clouded

After waking up from the cold floor, you noticed you were alone in the cave. None of the guys were around but you did hear low whispering outside.

It was still dark out so you turned on your side to get in a comfortable resting position.

It was quiet for a few seconds before you heard, what may be the guys, talking again. You shuffled around a little and raised your ears to get a better hearing,

"Why can't you just tell y/n why you actually left?"

Thoma? What did he mean by that.. did something make Dainsleif leave the city for so long?

And you also wondered if they knew each other at one point. Maybe attending to meetings of some sort and possibly being acquaintances.

"Because if I did," you hear Dainsleif sigh, "They would be on my ass about it. I'll get stressed out and then she would be worrying and you know that."

The noise of fire crackling outside made you scoot closer to the cold wall of the cave — curling in on yourself, thinking what their words meant.

Was there something going on behind the scenes that both Thoma and Dainsleif knew? Was that one of the reasons Dainsleif left for so many months and only returning on the day you actually left the city?

There was something bugging you that there definitely was something going on. And what was weird was that, Sara had to stay behind and be with Baal. Ayato had to leave along with Ayaka..

While you were thinking to yourself you almost didn't catch what Thoma said.

"Be glad Sara and I came up with this and had the chance to leave the city before Baal had noticed. We're lucky Sara stepped in to distract Baal."

Distract Baal?

Distract her from what? You? What could you possibly do or for her to want to take you out of the city.. you furrowed your brows as you took in the information.

You wanted to get up, to wake up and walk over and ask what they were saying or the meaning behind their damn words.

But you stayed quiet and stayed in your sleeping position, faking it if any of the guys came back inside the cave. You didn't want them knowing what you just heard, if you told them you did they wouldn't tell you anything especially Dainsleif.

After a while and after being stuck in the same position, you ended up falling asleep again.

__

"Wake up lazy ass!" You felt someone kick your leg making you jolt up with a gasp.

"You did not have to do that, Thoma!" Kicking him back and getting up to go after him, only to get pulled back by the waist.

You looked up to see Dainsleif looking down at you, looking anything but stoic and... something else.

"Chase him after you have eaten your food." He gave you two chicken-mushroom skewers and an apple, and with that he went back to cook some more turning his back to you.

Guess he's back to his old self. You shrugged and began eating the food he offered you, walking back inside the cave thinking to last night's events.

Okay, so what you know so far is that what you can gather is that Baal is or definitely is in the middle of this situation.