[11] No. 6

"Remember how I said I feel like someone could be watching us?"

The two men nodded and looked around wary, standing straight in alert of their surroundings as they both listened to you carefully.

"Well. I have a hunch who it might be..." your gaze slowly looked to the left, hoping both of them could follow your gaze and see where you were looking at.

You had been feeling eyes on you ever since Dainsleif got sick just three days ago. At first, you kind of shrugged it off but the feeling of eyes burning at the back of your head increased.

Over those couple days you would wake up in a cold sweat, looking around you but you only saw the two guys sleeping. You would have flashes of blue-violet eyes flood through your dreams.

You had seen those eyes before in the past but you didn't know why they kept appearing. You also didn't feel particularly, threatened or endangered.

"So who is it? You hundred percent sure that your hunch might be right?" Thoma looked towards you as you remained focused on the area you pointed at.

You squinted trying to find the figure that you saw just minutes before but something was off.

"Surprised you didn't hear me."

A gasp and you turning around to see the person who spoke close behind you three, eyes widening as you saw their eyes.

Dainsleif and Thoma were on their feet already, fighting stance and everything while you got on your feet and ears in alert. "What are you doing here, Scaramouche." Thoma was the first to speak.

A click of his tongue and throwing his arms up as the short fatui harbinger raised a brow, a lopsided grin as he watched you and only you.

"Going to pretend I didn't hear you," eyes still on you as he spoke, "Mm.. There's quite a bounty on your head, y/n." A bounty? Baal is really going out of her way to reach you huh..

"What for?" A humorless laugh came from the harbinger. "I don't get why everyone wants me." You grimaced and clenched your jaw.

Scaramouche shrugs and placed both his hands on his hips, studying you for seconds until he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously? Man, thought you would have known why she wants you." You furrowed your brows to listening to his words. Does he know more than Dainsleif and Thoma then?

The harbinger sighs deeply and crossed his arms, "No I really don't know why she wants me," you looked at your two friends, then looking back, "Care to tell me what you know?"

He hums and looked off to the side thinking whether or not to share his information he has on you.

"Whatever it's not like I'll be punished for saying why." He motioned for you and waited, "Come with me, I'll tell you." He motioned with his pointer finger.

You furrowed your brows, looking back at your two friends with a look. You went and trailed after the harbinger while keeping a distance from him.

Scaramouche clears his throat once he finds a spot that's away from any eavesdroppers, folding his arms over his chest.

"Now then..." he looked you up and down, bringing his hand to his chin as he circles around you. "Not what I was expecting." He hums to himself and nods, clicking his tongue.

"Am I not to your liking?" You scoffed, your ears on high alert. "Are you going to tell me what you know or are you going to continue gawking at me?"

"It's not really your looks. Just thought you'd look more like Yae." Scaramouche said, sighing and closing his eyes.

"And why's that? Just tell me what you know."

"Fine, alright." He opens his eyes and glares at you.

You muttered a finally and huffed out, leaning against a tree while you look back at the harbinger.

"Remember how I said earlier there's a bounty just for you?" You nodded, "well, seems that whoever takes you back to Inazuma and brings you over to Baal, personally, will take over her place."

"What do you mean take her place? As a new archon?" Your eyes widening as you try repeating the words he said seconds before in your head.

Scaramouche stepped away from where he was standing, bringing himself closer to you and stopping just few inches away from you.

"That's the reward she mentioned. Isn't that exciting? Guess it would make sense if I were the one to bring you in." He grins, turning away just to stare back at you.

"That's crazy! I doubt she would just hand over her-"

A firm grip around your throat stopped your sentence mid-way, staring at Scaramouche glaring at you in annoyance.

"There's a lot of things you don't know and why she would do something so pathetic like that."

What does he even mean? You had been wanting to be free from her clutches and from the clan for taking you away at a young age, but when you get away, you're suddenly a target.

A lot of things that's been happening lately haven't been making sense. Dainsleif getting sick randomly, somewhat knowing he's hiding something from you. And then Thoma... but there hasn't been anything weird, right?

Or what if Ayato and Ayaka leaving at the same time and not knowing their whereabouts?

The hand around your throat tightened just a bit, "So be a good fox and not make this hard for me, yeah?" His smile left you uneasy, you tried scanning the area around and seeing none of the guys.

Your heart was beating fast when you noticed from the corner of your eyes a vile with something shiny inside, being pulled out from Scaramouche pocket.

"W-what are you doing with that? The fuck is that!" The vile had a needle inside, and the harbinger quickly took it out raising it close to you.

You tried breaking from his hold but he kept tightening his hold, making you gasp out for air. The sudden prick to your neck made your eyes widen and next, you blacked out.

__

What felt like days was only just a few hours when you started waking up again. Everything was blurry for just a few seconds till you see you were now in a room.

You groaned as you sat up and placed a hand on what was a soft pillow. A yellow dim light was coming from one corner of the room as you looked around on the bed you were on. Huh.

The sounds of scribbling at the corner where the light was coming from made you curious. Who was here in the room with you?

You were going to move until the scribbling stopped, the sound of a book closing made you scoot back on the bed.

"You're finally awake."

___

scaramouche is here to stay! 👀

but guess who was the one in the room with y/n?