[20] Crimson memories

You talked to neither of the guys after the whole incident went down. The little boy was glad you helped him out, explained that your father was about to take him away just like he's done with Thoma.

Apparently there was word around Mondstadt that a strange man wearing dark clothes and a hood covering his face, was taking random kids off the streets. Another reason why you need to know what for.

After the little boy finished explaining, you took him back to the boat and fed him anything he wanted.

"Can I stay with you guys...?" The boy muttered quietly as he was grabbing more food.

You were sitting across from him and looked up at both Dainsleif and Thoma. One shrugged and the other looked away, leaving you to decide.

"Do you have parents? I can't take you if you do, they will be worried sick." you explained, folding your hands in your lap while looking at the boy.

His little head turned side to side, "no.. t-they both died..." he placed his utensil down on the plate, the room went quiet only the sound of little whimpers coming from the little kid was heard.

"Alright, we'll take you for now. You better stick real close to us then." You sighed but a smile caressed your face, reaching over the table to ruffle the boys hair.

Getting a better look at the kid, he had black hair with a white highlights going behind his ears and on top of his hands, were small white diamonds shaped markings.

Could he be part adeptus? An further inspection, he also had one stripe marking on either side of his cheeks. (like SESSHOMARU but just one marking)

The little boy tilted his head up looking at you, "is there something wrong with me..?" he murmured quietly, pouting slightly.

"No no! Of course not, let's get out of here before anyone finds us okay?" The boy nodded and you helped him up, hoisting him to your hip.

Dainsleif and Thoma looked at you then back at the man who was your "father" and tied him up. They put him in the boat and locking him in the room of the boat.

While you were holding the kid and placing him on our lap, Thoma sat down next to you to look at the boy, "he looks like Xiao a little, kind of." He pat the boys head and looked over at Dainsleif, "doesn't he?"

The other turned around upon his name being called and hummed to himself, looking down at him as well from where he was standing. He slowly nodded and the kid hid his face from the attention of the guys.

"You're making him uncomfortable, stop staring at this poor kid." You quietly laughed and Dainsleif slid in to sit down on your other side.

After slowly getting to know the boy, he told you his name and a little about himself.

"M-my name is Yuji.. I don't have a last name sorry, and I'm 7 years old." He clasped his hands together tightly, looking down at them.

The four of you were sitting around a dining table, you with the boy and the guys across from you two. Yuji was more relaxed huddled up next to you than the others, making you run your fingers through his hair.

"Did you have anyone watching over you before the man today was going to take you?" Yuji shakes his head and frowned, "can you explain to us what happened? It's okay if you can't."

"No! I could do it it's just.. I don't remember how I was with him." Possibly was being controlled and doesn't remember how he met father..

You were thinking maybe he was trying to erase Yuji's memories for when he was taking him with him. "Why don't you rest up for now? it's a long trip to where we're going Yuji." You smiled at him.

The boy nodded and went to lay down on a long couch near the entrance of the boat. You got up and walked over to the room where your father was being held up, opening the door.

The room was dark and his head was hung low. You moved to get into his view, lifting his head up to make him look at you. "It's a nice surprise to see you after all these years."

Your father groaned and lazily blinked up at you, "you look very much like your mother. Such a shame she had to die." He grinned maliciously, but his head snapped to the side as you slapped him.

"Don't you dare speak of her. I wanna know why you were so obsessed of her but you also abused her?"

His eyes widened at that and coughed, trying to straighten himself out. "H-how did you know about that? Hah, bet it was Miko who told you hm? Did she also tell you that your lovely friend out there was going to kill you one day?"

What?

"The hell do you mean? Are you talking about Thoma?" At that he nodded with a smirk.

"I tracked him one night years ago, I put a curse mark on him. Basically he was set to kill you from the day he turned 18, but I'm surprised that day never came.." He was set to kill you?

"And why would he kill me for? My fox blood because I'm not a normal human like you? Get a grip, you're pathetic for going after your own daughter and wanting to kill just for some blood." You bit out, jaw clenching as you stared hard at him—fox ears pushed back in anger.

Your father laughed when noticing your mood change, the happy glint in his eyes made him seemed amused.

"Would you look at that, my daughter feeling angry because I made her childhood best friend set to kill her. Y/N, stop playing games and let me go."

You stepped back with your hands falling to your sides, your hands turning to a fist. "No. You're going to rot in prison for your childish acts, you don't get to live with the rest of society for your crimes."

You left the room slamming it shut, turning around to see Dainsleif and Thoma standing up alert as you got out.

Thoma stepped up first and placed his hands on both your shoulders, "you alright? What happened?"

"A lot. First, can I check your body for uh... marks? He mentioned he put a mark on you, it's connected to why you were feeling controlled." Thoma nodded and stood back from you.

With Dainsleif, he was writing down what you were explaining what happened inside the room with your father. You were sitting down next to him when Thoma approaches the table, with nothing but his boxers on.

Both you and Dainsleif looked at each other and back at him, totally confused and stunned from the others actions.

"What? You said you wanted to check my body for any marks, don't look at me like I'm crazy." He rolled his eyes as he waited for you to check him.

Standing up and patting Dains shoulder, you rolled up the sleeves to your shirt and began inspecting Thoma.

There was no marks yet till you spotted it on his lower back, on the right side. It was a tigers head and large clawed hand holding an orb.

"Well you do have something on you, looks more like a tattoo, but it looks like it's kind of fading?"

"What is it? Something cool or?"

You sighed and sat down behind him, looking at it again—running your fingers over the mark.

"Well, it's a tiger but it's holding a red orb." Still tracing it, you wondered why it was fading.

Now that's odd...

"The orb is fading but I'm not sure why. Wait—if it's what I think it is, this ISN'T good."

If there's a time limit on the mark, Thoma could be slowly dying because he never killed you. For it to be 6 years later, this marking has held out for a long time.

Shit. You would have to talk to your father again for answers.

___

if you haven't checked out my Itto story its out now! :D

what you guys think about the thoma situation now??🤔