[18] Hide-and-seek

"We need to go get Thoma before we head there."

You were walking the steps with the blonde following you after walking out the shrine.

"And you think he's still at the fatui's location with Scaramouche?" He stepped right in front of you. "Actually, hold that thought." Stepping away before you replied to him.

He held up his hand with the ring and tapped on it, trying to get a hold of the harbinger. After a couple seconds, a small beep went through and a voice came from the accessory.

"What is it? I'm very busy right now."

When Dainsleif was about to answer you stepped in, "Is Thoma still there with you guys?"

There was a pause before the others voice came through.

"No. He left last night trying to find you two." Another but a longer pause, "though he did say where he might be at?"

Good, perfect!

"And where would he be at?"

"Your village."

And with that he hung up. It was basically all you needed, just find Thoma and bring him along to set things and understand once and for all.

You wanted to know why your 'father' would even go through so much trouble, just to have you around again and be selfish like Baal for Yae Miko.

The village wasn't too far from the shrine but it is quite a walk. It only took two hours to get there and when you did, you saw a familiar pair of green eyes.

Thoma was walking up to you when you set foot on village grounds, his face showed nothing that he was happy to see you, or the two of you.

"How did you know where I was?"

"Thats not important right now. Look, can we go and talk somewhere...privately?" You looked around you cautiously.

The man shrugs and you motioned with your head to an area that looked safer to talk.

When you both got to the place Thoma placed a hand on you but, Dainsleif snatched it from your shoulder after it being there just a mere second.

He sighs and his hand falls limply to his side. "So, what is it? Or maybe, why did you two leave me alone with the Fatui?" He quirked his brow, his arms crossing over his chest as he stared at you two.

"I'm going to get to that. All we did was just leave to meet Kokomi and leave almost immediately and we met with someone, which was Yae Miko."

He nodded and you proceeded. "Pay real close attention to what I'm what about to say, this involves you quite a lot.."

So you started from the beginning what Yae told you a day ago. The problems with your family then leading to him leaving Inazuma and going to Mondstadt.

When you mentioned Mondstadt, you focused on Thoma's facial expression to see if anything seemed different, if he knew anything. But seemed he didn't.

Then you talked about how the people who he thinks are his parents aren't really his actual parents. His face immediately dropped, looking as if he's seen a ghost.

He never told you to stop and explain about that part, but you did want to know what was on his mind right after.

You looked to your right and noticed Dainsleif keeping an eye on the other man as well. The shaky breaths Thoma would release would slightly alarm Dain at times.

After you told him everything about being controlled and that he's actually from Mondstadt to be taken to be an official citizen, Thoma turned around.

"My father took you after your real parents brought you to him, when you were just two—"

"And I'm guessing right after that, I have no recollection of anything else because your father stole my memories?"

You nodded, letting out a deep sigh and looking down at the ground.

"Yes. I think the reason was just so that he would have a connection with you so he can get through you to get to me. Due to my genes related to Yae." Thoma looked away, rubbing his face aggressively and looking at you and Dain.

"Thats- thats insane... so we've actually known each other since practically birth! I only know the time we met and that was during the goddamn festival."

And he was right. It was the only memory, that you knew of on how you met not when you were like babies. It frustrates you as well that your so called father, would even do that and have no memories of earlier on with Thoma.

Did he do it on purpose so you wouldn't know about how bad your father was back in the day with your mother? Or was it to keep another dark secret and lock it away deep within your mind?

"I know.. also look," you pulled out a paper and unfolded it, letting both men in to let them see. You pointed down at the map, "he should be here and hopefully, he still is or this is going to be a game of hide and seek."

You're really hoping he still is at the spot Yae circled on the map. After finding out more about your past and what is happening with Thoma, you needed answers quick.

"Alright, so we're all going this time together now right?" You nodded and you caught a glimpse of a smile.

The three of you looked through your belongings to see you have everything. The walk to the marked spot on the map would be a few days at best so, taking a boat would be good.

Your father's pretty smart if he chose to stay all the way out here, choosing to be isolated in Seirai Island.

When you managed to spot a boat just outside Inazuma city, you immediately got in and left hoping you wouldn't run into a storm later but of course, getting to Seirai Island wouldn't be too easy.

"Hoping we don't get held back by a storm, we need to get to the island fast before he knows we're coming for him." Thoma was steering the wheel to the boat while eating some onigiri you got before leaving.

Dainsleif was sitting down drawing points the map, eating an onigiri as well while looking over his shoulder to see what he was doing. "He's right. He could very well still be there or be in a completely different spot."

Ohh, so thats what he's doing. Seeing that Dain was writing possibilities down next to any place on the map to see if there could be any options of him to be there.

"If he isn't there.. on the island what are we going to do? Go back to the shrine and ask Yae for help?" Thoma turned around look at you, one hand on the steering wheel and a brow quirked up.

"We can't she's done enough, we need to do the rest ourselves. If he isn't there we can—" you paused, leaning back till your back touched the wall staring off ahead of you.

Both men looked at you confused and said in unison, "what is it?"

"If he isn't at Seirai Island...he would be at Mondstadt. It's very far from here. I bet if he's not there, he would be back at the one place he could get away from his past, everything."

And so, Thoma turned around and aggressively pressed down on the pedal to speed up the boat, making way to the island. Dainsleif looked at you and with a hint of a smile.

First, Seirai Island.

___

HII thank you for being patient for the chapters!

not sure how many this story will have but maybe around 30 chapters??? NOT SURE YET. thank you for reading 🖤