[7] Deja vu

You turned to him slowly and furrowed your brows.

"W-What?"

The blonde raised his brow to look at you for a moment. It wasn't that long ago that you were taken away from the village but still, did you forget already?

Thoma shoved his hands in his pants and clicked his tongue, "ah, why don't we go to my house!" he smiles and takes your hand in his pulling you.

He was acting strange now but you shoved down what you felt.

You took the time to gather your surroundings, when Thoma stopped in front of what may be his house. Before he was able to knock he was already being pulled in.

The moment you saw a woman hugging Thoma so close and so affectionate, it pulled at your heart.

Something about her was familiar, like you knew her or seen her before.

The woman that was hugging Thoma, was now doing the same to you as she pulled you inside the house.

"Mom you're hurting her." He scurries to your side and tries to pry off his mother from you, a shy smile gracing his face.

You began go laugh when she finally let go, "it's been so long y/n! do you remember this?" thoma's mother runs to what you assume is her room, coming back to hold out a photo.

She handed it over to you and slowly taking it from her hands, looking down to see a young you and Thoma staring at you.

It was a strange feeling. You looked so much happier and more alive than now, it makes you grimace slightly before looking up and seeing Thoma smile.

The way he was just looking at you with warmth and something else you can't pinpoint.

It's not that you don't remember how your childhood was with him. It's how everything feels kind of off, thinking about the past makes your head hurt.

"Honey, would you like some dinner right now? I made you your favorite dishes." Thoma's mother's voice cut through your thoughts and you hummed, nodding.

She pats your shoulder with a smile and she pulls the blonde down by his ear, whispering something.

"Come on." he motions over at you and you follow, taking in the small house and everything in it before stopping in front of his room.

He clears his throat and a nervous laugh comes out, he opens it up and let's you in, staying close with a shy look on him briefly glancing at you.

As you looked around his room, there were old toys that you recognized and a shiba plush toy sitting on a desk. "I remember this! You would always bring it with you." You reached for it and held it close.

"Well excuse me for wanting to bring him with me." he rolled his eyes but a small smile was already forming on his lips. You were the one who bought it for him.

While continuing to look around, Thoma sat down on his bed watching you but he immediately got up once he saw you near a certain place in his room.

He walked over to you quickly and placed a hand on your shoulder before you got to his bookcase.

"W-why don't we go and see what my mom's up to," stuttering over his words he licked his lips nervously and tries to pry you away but you were stubborn.

Thoma was acting incredibly weird now but that only made it suspicious. "What are you hiding Thoma?" You raised a brow.

Stuttering over again he slowly looked to the side and shakes head, "what makes you think that?" He was always bad at lying, his expressions would give it away.

Humming and clicking your tongue, you raised your hand to look at your nails while glancing up to him. "sure thoma, whatever you say" you snickered.

Thoma released a relieved sigh and turned to walk out the door but when he noticed you weren't following, his heart dropped down to his stomach.

You, were looking at a letter and it was specifically for himself but he wrote it about you.

There were a few he wrote the day you left and he continued writing letters but he knew he couldn't send them out so, he only wrote it to himself to keep him distracted.

The blonde stood a few feet from you seeing you read one of them. He peeked over to see which one you were reading and held his breath when he heard you muttering it to yourself.

"Y/N, I miss you. I really hope that one day we can see each other again so I can tell you something I've been holding on since the day I met you at the carnival."

You finished reading the rest of it but that was really what made your heart do a flip.

"How old were you when you wrote this..?"

He blinked, "maybe.. when I was sixteen?"

"You loverboy!" You smirked, "I'm going to keep this now, hope you don't mind."

"I do mind, give me it y/n." he went to grab it but he missed when you put it behind your back.

Thoma let out a deep sigh and waited for a second, letting your guard down for a moment and out of nowhere, he snatched the letter back.

He barked out a laugh and left the room leaving you alone.

__

After dinner you were relaxing in Thoma's room, staring up at the ceiling. The blonde was sitting in his chair looking down at a random book at his desk.

"You wanna get going or stay the night?" Thoma asked, putting his book down on his lap.

You hummed to yourself and clicked your tongue, "well it's only a few hours till sunrise, guess we can stay a few more here."

He nodded and turning around continuing his reading before hearing you move around on his bed.

Not even a minute after your small talk with him, he already saw you sleeping and holding his shiba plush toy close to you.

It made him smile how much you still acted the same, maybe just a tiny bit that you still acted like a little shit but you're still the most important person in his life.

He got ready to sleep and made way to his bed, carefully pulling over a blanket to cover both you and him and leaning down to press a soft brief kiss to your head. He closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

Some hours later his mother came in quietly seeing the two of you sleeping, huddled up together made her smile.

She quietly walked in and poked at Thoma's shoulder and waking up slowly. They both exchanged words and he got up.

Thoma let you sleep a little longer before going back in to his room and waking you up.

"Wake up, someone's here."

You groaned to yourself and opened one eye, "huh? whose here?"

He shrugs, "just hurry up and get ready."

Confused. You were really confused.

Hurrying up and putting on your backpack, you walked out to see someone standing at the doorway to the house.

Thoma was blocking the view as he was talking to whoever was outside. You made your way over just to stop in your tracks to see who it was,

"Hey, y/n."

...

👀👀👀