[8] Trouble

Yup, everything was extremely awkward.

You were now sitting outside on top of a big rock trying your best to look anywhere but them.

It was maybe ten minutes after they had arrived but no one spoke, which honestly, was pretty weird. Thoma was kicking rocks around until someone spoke, which wasn't you.

"So.." the voice was slightly rough, you could feel their eyes land on you as they spoke, "what are you guy's doing out here."

"We were just visiting, Dainsleif." You looked up making eye contact with Thoma, seeing him shrug. You sighed and ran a hand down your face.

Dainsleif hummed and noticed the exchange between the two of you and got up with a grunt, which you took notice of too.

"Are you okay?" Slowly making your way towards the cerulean eyed male, taking in his state to see if there were any injuries of the sort.

He waved his hand in dismissal but it only made you furrow your brows and be more concerned for him, "I'm fine, don't fuss over it I can tell you're getting worried already."

Of course you would get worried. You haven't seen the man in months and when you do, he looks hurt but he brushes you off.

He was always like that, even when you guys met. If he got hurt he wouldn't go and get it treated, he would just say that it was nothing but a scratch and move on.

Dainsleif wouldn't admit it out loud but, he liked whenever you showed your caring side whenever he seemed hurt. It made him feel cared for, it was new for him.

"'Course I would get worried, stop being stubborn and let me see." You knew you didn't have to but you did. Thoma went off without you noticing but it seemed it was best for you guys to catch up.

The man grumbles and moves his hand to his shirt to lift it up— a big wound being on his right side. It was bad, and it made you grimace and hesitant to go at it.

His gaze moves to you—his eyes lidded, his blank face gave nothing away, not even a pained expression.

"Don't tell me you're squeamish now y/n," he smirks still eyeing you, "I know it looks bad but it's nothing I can't handle, y'know."

He was right, after all, he was always getting hurt whenever you both trained back then or when he went off and came back from a mission with injuries.

"M'not, just keep your shirt lifted." You mumbled, your fox-like ears drooping down.

Dainsleif mutters an okay and he sits back down on where you were previously at, waiting for you to get whatever you needed.

"I know you can handle it but I still gotta say it," you looked at him holding a bottle in hand, "it's going to hurt like a bitch." You swirled the liquid inside the bottle.

He rolled his eyes and kept his hand steady, waiting for you to get on with it.

You brought out a worn out rag from your bag and poured the clear liquid onto it, placing a hand on his arm and slowly dabbing away at the wound.

Dainsleif made no sound of any discomfort, if he was feeling anything he didn't show it. Lucky him.

Swiping the rag on his side and rolling it up to the side to squeeze out the remaining blood, you placed it down on the floor and moved to get ointment.

Cerulean eyes watching you put the ointment on his now clean wound, taking in a deep breath just to exhale—noticing the other man from before was coming back.

"So what's he doing here with you?" He blurted out, not caring if he sounded too curious.

You brought out a bandage wrap and started wrapping it around Dainsleif, "he's just taking me to visit the village. Ayato wanted him to basically bodyguard me."

"Why isn't Sara with you then?"

Finishing with your work, you pulled down his shirt for him. "She had to tend to Baal," you hummed, "both Ayato and Ayaka are away, that's why Thoma is here."

After that it was quiet until Thoma came into view and leaned down to your side, whispering that you two should get going.

"Seems we gotta get going Dain." You got up from the floor and patted down your legs.

He nodded and looked your way and side eyeing Thoma for a brief second.

"It was nice meeting you Dainsleif, I promise to look over y/n." But before Thoma was going to wave a goodbye, Dainsleif got up and cleared his throat.

"Why don't I accompany you guys? I have no rush to get to the city." You glanced at Thoma, seeing his expression change slightly for a second.

"But aren't you tired?" Dainsleif shakes his head but even so, his eyes were lidded with dark circles underneath, "you look like you haven't slept for months!" You exclaimed, waving your hands around.

All he does is shrugs and a grin forms on his face, "I'll be fine, plus it'll be nice to stay out here a little while longer." His gaze moves to Thoma's, his grin going to a firm line.

If Thoma took notice, he didn't comment on it.

"Alright well where are we going next?" You turned your attention to your childhood friend.

He hummed placing a hand underneath his chin, rubbing it slightly, "From here we can go to the shrine or Kannazuka island?"

"There's too many enemies right now in the island," Dainsleif huffs, "but there is a way around them." He crosses his arms across his chest.

"Kannazuka it is then!"

With that you began walking down a hill with the boys trailing behind, failing to realize that they were both sending glares at each other.

__

"You said that this was the right way!"

After getting to the island everything was fine and the three of you went to the easiest way but NO. You were now getting chased by samurai men.

The footfall from both your bodyguards were catching up to your side and you were getting tired already.

"Dainsleif can't you do your speedy thing and take us out of here?" You groan, feeling the need to catch a break.

He got closer to you and let out a grunt, shaking his head. "Even if I could," he clicks his tongue, "Ain't no way I'm carrying Thoma." Throwing a jab his way and hearing said man tsk.

You rolled your eyes and quickly looked around to find somewhere to hide, humming to yourself you found a cave—pulling both men with you.

"I feel like I'm going to die." You pant trying to catch your breath, hands on your knees and taking in your surroundings.

Thoma and Dainsleif glared at each other after seeing your hand was still on theirs.

"Y/N, why don't we stay here for a bit." Thoma let's go of your hand, missing the warmth feeling already and setting his bag down.

Cerulean eyes were on you till the other man came up to you, quickly moving his gaze away.

You nodded and went to sit down next to Dainsleif, while Thoma comes and sits on your other side.

It was getting kind of cold making you little bit sleepy but you tried staying awake. It wasn't that the cold made you uncomfortable, it just makes you feel drowsy.

And of course, Dainsleif knew and caught on—immediately shrugging off his coat and putting it around you, lopsided smile gracing his face when he noticed Thoma wanting to do the same.

You didn't notice or maybe you did but, you were already feeling the sleepiness taking over and your head fell on Thoma's shoulder.

Both men were shooting daggers at each other, mouthing and whispering up a storm of curses at one another.

...

NOW OUR MAN DAINSLEIF HAS ARRIVED